Home Inspector Auto It Script

I just received my license to become a home inspector and I created this script to help me create reports. If you read the script, you will see that I am no expert. I'm looking for advice on how to improve my code or shortcuts in general.

Thanks for the help ! I have removed the attachment now. Mods can delete this thread if they wish.

Edited by AJ6594

• Moderators

AJ6594,

Please edit your post to put Code tags around yoru script. You need to add [autoit] before and [/autoit] after your posted code. No-one will look at it if you leave it as it is. :graduated:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

AJ6594,

There are several to techniques you could learn to use which will make this program easier to maintain.

1. See help on Dim, learn about arrays (and MustDeclareVars).

$2other_room6_read =BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($2other_room6),$GUI_CHECKED)
$2other_room7_read =BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($2other_room7),$GUI_CHECKED)

Use an array for the control vars, and another for the state vars, 25 lines becomes 3 lines.

For $ix = 0 to 24
$2other_room_read[$ix] =BitAnd(GUICtrlRead($2other_room[$ix]),$GUI_CHECKED)
Next

2. Put some lines of text into a file and learn to read it into an array. Now the section after the above section will disappear into a loop, 80 carefully edited lines will become a few easy lines. That text is used in several rooms, so the same file can be used for each, and if you need to change it, one change will do them all. Taking that further, make the number of lines in the file set the size of the arrays and the loop counts.

If you keep going like that it will all become easier, less effort, fewer possibilities for mistakes.

I hope this helps.

Richard

Edited by RichardL