@Logonserver variable disappearing

I'm writing a service using Services.au3 to automatically execute a command after the service starts. At the start of my script I have the following variable declared:

Global $args = @LogonServer & "\testdir\testfile"
WriteLog($args)

The $args variable is then used in the _Svc_Main() portion of the script later on:

WriteLog($args)
RunWait($program & ' /p "' & $args & '" /q ' & $additionalargs)

Upon inspecting the output of my Logfile the first WriteLog($args) shows the correct value:

\\server\testdir\testfile

However, the second output of the $args variable is incorrect and shows the following:

\testdir\testfile

The variable is only used twice in the script, code is shown above. Manually setting the variable without using @Logonserver works. I have tried double setting the variable $args2 = $args without success. Any insight, suggestions, or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by joshtbailey

Somewhere in your script you change the variable.

This could be by manually assigning a new value e.g. $args = "New Value".

Or by passing it as a paramter to a function where the parameter is referenced ByRef and then changed in the function.

The variable might be changed in one of your include files (though it's bad programming style)

$args = 1
ConsoleWrite($args & @LF)
_AFunction($args)
ConsoleWrite($args & @LF)
Exit
Func _AFunction(ByRef $param1)
$param1 = 2
EndFunc   ;==>_AFunction

Rename your variable to something unique e.g. $xyz and see if it still happens.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you for your response.

The code above is a representation of the actual code. My variable name is $keyfile1. I will need to trace all the functions but I highly doubt that the variable is used somewhere else. In addition, the variable $keyfile1 is not passed into a function but is referenced inside of the _Svc_Main() function, hence the use of Global. I have tried not using the variable but instead putting everything inside of the RunWait command but the results are the same. It seems that whenever I use the @LogonServer variable inside of the _Svc_Main() function, it will not resolve.

Edited by joshtbailey

I haven't used it myself but you could give the " a try. Step through the script and you'll see when and where the variable changes.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you for your help. I was unable to get the Graphical AutoIt Debugger to run without crashing, however, after several more attempts and trying different methods of variable setting, such as writing the variable to a file and reading the file, ( did not work ) I feel that the Service.au3 UDF does not allow or inhibits the use of these variables. I have taken a different approach and instead of using the @LogonServer variable I am programmatically specifying the domain controllers based on the workstations network address, in addition I am also setting a static backup file location if the domain controller is unavailable. Thank you "water" for all of your assistance and in pointing me in the right direction.