RegDelete does not work on Windows 8 (Developer Preview)

I found out that RegDelete does not work properly on Windows Developer Preview.

It also does not work when it's run as compatibility mode, and administrator.

ADDED : The error code was -2.

But it looks that same source works on Windows XP and Windows 7.

And I'm sure that RegWrite works on every version of windows including 8 (Developer Preview).

So what i'm curious is if there are any other ways to delete Keys/value without using the given function 'RegDelete'

Thanks. I ask for your understanding regarding English is not my 1st language.

Edited by LuxuryQ

I would suspect that is a permissions issue. It seems that permissions have been tightened again in the W8 registry.

Is this by any chance with a hive other than HKCU?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I would suspect that is a permissions issue. It seems that permissions have been tightened again in the W8 registry.

Is this by any chance with a hive other than HKCU?

I'm confused right now since very simple code like below

Local $test = RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test", "TestKey", "REG_SZ", "Hello this is a test")
$code = @error
If $test = 0 Then MsgBox(0, "error", $code)
$test = RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test\here", "TestKey", "REG_SZ", "Hello this is a test")
RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Test")

works very fine without showing any error sign.

I think other lines are affecting on the permissions that my program needs.

Edited by LuxuryQ

HKCU will seldom have permissions issues. That was the reason behind my question. You will have to elevate the permission level to delete certain keys and in fact there will be some that you simply can't delete. or at least not with a script.

Registry permissions are not new, MS is just continually fine-tuning the permissions rules so it gets a bit harder to work in the registry with each new release.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

HKCU will seldom have permissions issues. That was the reason behind my question. You will have to elevate the permission level to delete certain keys and in fact there will be some that you simply can't delete. or at least not with a script.

Registry permissions are not new, MS is just continually fine-tuning the permissions rules so it gets a bit harder to work in the registry with each new release.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your kind explanation.