[Sloved] Scroll Lock

Heya,

My keybaord doesn't have many buttons and lately i have been getting into scripting more and more.

I know the scroll lock does nothing useful but due to the limiations of my keybaord i cant rebind it or does any software allow binding to the scroll-lock key

Is there any way i could have a Autoit exe running in the background that sits quitely and if i press Scroll lock activites? or if it detects scroll-lock it "sendskey" something else so i could bind that??

P.S would it also be possible to disable the scrolllock funcation with this exe but also allow the extra detection + do function or sendkeys to happen?

Edited by IanN1990

Thanks for the reply, i am a little new here so a bit confused on how i would use this code.

I paste it into Autoit, and run it nothing really happens. :S

Also this code wouldnt disable the scrollbutton while allowing me to use it for the "extended funcation"?

I think your best best would be to read the Help file about HotKeySet and try the examples.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If you've downloaded AutoIt then just hit F1 in SciTE (the editor that comes with the AutoIt package) otherwise download now or click on HotKeySet(). Am I right in saying that you haven't used AutoIt yet?

HotKeySet()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

help of some members

OK, then now is the time to start using the Help file as it can save you time as most of what you need can be found there or even searching the forum. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

reading though the help file you gave in the link i think i shall be able to edit the code

; Press Esc to terminate script, Pause/Break to "pause"

Global $Paused

HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")

HotKeySet("+!d", "ShowMessage") ;Shift-Alt-d

;;;; Body of program would go here ;;;;

While 1

Sleep(100)

WEnd

;;;;;;;;

Func TogglePause()

$Paused = NOT $Paused

While $Paused

sleep(100)

ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)

WEnd

ToolTip("")

EndFunc

Func Terminate()

Exit 0

EndFunc

Func ShowMessage()

MsgBox(4096,"","This is a message.")

EndFunc

to do what i want, but how would i go about disabling the scroll-locks funcationality while retaining my rebinding ?

reading though the help file you gave in the link i think i shall be able to edit the code

Brilliant, if you have any problems then you know where we are.

UDF List:

Ok so :graduated: i wrote this

; Press Esc to terminate script, Pause/Break to "pause"

#NoTrayIcon

HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "ScrollLock")

;;;; Body of program would go here ;;;;

While 1

Sleep(100)

WEnd

;;;;;;;;

Func ScrollLock()

Send("^{V}")

EndFunc

How do i add it so it disables the scroll-lock funcation but still runs my code? the only idea i had "though its wrong and a dum-mans work around is to send-keys scroll lock. So pressing it turns scroll-lock on, runs my code, which turns it off again ;) but i was wondering if there was a more proffesional way

I know you're learning but when posting code please use the

[/autoit] tags and refrain from [url="http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#When_should_I_bump_my_threads.3F"]bumping your thread.[/url]

I'm a little bit lost at what it is you're trying to achieve, I had this code ready when you asked for an example but was reluctant to hand over before you had a go yourself. So does this shed some light on what you're trying to do?
[autoit]HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "_Function")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _Function() ; Add here what you want to happen when you push the ScrollLock key.
    ConsoleWrite("ScrollLock Clicked!" & @LF)
    MsgBox(64, "ScrollLock", "ScrollLock Clicked!")
EndFunc   ;==>_Function

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

This will toggle the ScrollLock off.

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")
HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "_Function")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _Function() ; Add here what you want to happen when you push the ScrollLock key.
    MsgBox(64, "ScrollLock", "ScrollLock Clicked!")
    Send("{SCROLLLOCK off}") ; Look at Send() and for the toggle in the remarks section.
EndFunc   ;==>_Function

UDF List:

I love how proffesionaly written your code is when mine is all over the place lol XD

The overall goal of my code was to "add a function" to the scroll-lock without the scroll-lock being activated. The code i posted before kinda does that, it just isn't proffesional.

Ideal code - Detects Scroll lock has been pressed and runs custom code but doesn't run scroll lock**Edit I will edit my code soon to make it look more proffesional and sry for bumping

My code - Detects scroll lock is press, runs my code and runs scroll lock again to turn it off "so its like it hasn't been pressed"

So by running this code. If you press the scroll-lock it acts like a "paste" function and can no longer scroll lock :graduated:

#NoTrayIcon
HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "ScrollLock")
Local $OnOff
$OnOFf=1
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Func ScrollLock()
if $OnOff=1 then
$OnOff=0
Else
$OnOff=1
EndIf

if $OnOff=0 then
Sleep(50)
Send("^{V}")
Send("{SCROLLLOCK}")
EndIf
EndFunc

Also thanks for the link before, http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions.htm seams really useful ;)

Yea cuz i couldn't figure out how to edit :) so i removed them and re-added better formated ones

Edited by IanN1990

Oh, you deleted your post. Please see my post before as I've shown you the toggle command in Send().

Your code from above consolidated.

HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "_ScrollLock")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _ScrollLock() ; Add here what you want to happen when you push the ScrollLock key.
    Sleep(50) ; Sleep?
    Send("^{V}") ; Send Ctrl+V
    Send("{SCROLLLOCK off}") ; Look at Send() and for the toggle in the remarks section.
EndFunc   ;==>_ScrollLock
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Your code, though it looks nicer is a little buggie. If i hit the "scroll lock" it pastes twice. This is the problem i had with my code which is why i added the If function. So the first run = nothing and the second run does the function. Not very good but it kinda works :graduated: **i dont think anyone will be hiring me soon to do proffesional programs in big companys haha

though it looks nicer it's a little buggy.

Don't forget in your initial post you didn't mention anything about sending Ctrl+V.

There's a better approach to achieving what you want, but in light of the situation this seems suffice for now.

HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "_ScrollLock")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

Func _ScrollLock() ; Add here what you want to happen when you push the SCROLLLOCK key.
    Send("^{V}") ; Send Ctrl+V
    HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}") ; Disable HotKeySet.
    Send("{SCROLLLOCK off}") ; Two Sends() seem to work.
    Send("{SCROLLLOCK off}")
    Sleep(200)
    HotKeySet("{SCROLLLOCK}", "_ScrollLock") ; Enable HotKeySet.
EndFunc   ;==>_ScrollLock
Edited by guinness

UDF List: