adding element to 2d array.

victor

Hi Everyone , I have a question about array and i can't find the answer anywhere online.

I know you can add an element to an array like below but what about 2D array ?

Local $arr[3] ; Make room for three elements

;Assign some data

$arr[0]="Element 1"

$arr[1]="Element 2"

$arr[2]="Element 3"

how do i add data for avArray ?

Local $avArray[3][3]

$avArray[3][3]=[2,5,6]

[2,5,6]

[5,6,3]

[5,5,2]

p/s I don 't want to do it all in one go. , I want it to be added one by one

Local $avArray[5][3] = [ _

[5, 20, 8], _

[4, 32, 7], _

[3, 16, 9], _

[2, 35, 0], _

[1, 19, 6]]

Edited by victor

Look at _ReDim in my signature too.

#include <Array.au3>

Global $aArray[6][3] = [[5, 3], _ ; ]Number of rows excluding that this one, number of columns]
        [5, 20, 8], _
        [4, 32, 7], _
        [3, 16, 9], _
        [2, 35, 0], _
        [1, 19, 6]]

$aArray[0][0] += 1 ; Add 1 to the total count as we want to add another item.
ReDim $aArray[$aArray[0][0] + 1][$aArray[0][1]] ; Re-size using the total count plus the index we use to store the information.

For $i = 0 To $aArray[0][1] - 1 ; Loop through the number of columns from index 0 to 2, hence the 3 - 1.
    $aArray[$aArray[0][0]][$i] = Random(1, 100, 1)
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm thinking you're asking more about populating an existing array, rather than adding to (expanding) one?

The syntax you see when defining an array: Local $avArray[3][3]= [[2,5,6],[5,6,3],[5,5,2]]

is unique to those declaration statements (Dim/Local/Global).

At no other time or place can you reference more than either the entire array : $avCopy = $avArray

or, a single element within the array: $avArray[2][2] = 2.

So to individually populate elements of a predefined 2D array you would just have a series of:

$avArray[0][0] = 2

$avArray[0][1] = 5

$avArray[0][2] = 6

$avArray[1][0] = 5

$avArray[1][1] = 6

Hi Thanks, for the tips.

one thing that I don't quite understand is why my code below doent's loop ? like it suppose to ?

$vertical = 1

$test = 3

local $bArray[1]

$vertical = 1

$test = 3

for $i = 0 to 10 step 1

ReDim $bArray[$bArray[0] + 1]

$bArray[ubound($bArray)-1]=$vertical & " " & $test

Next

_ArrayDisplay($bArray)