Running @autoitexe and variables

I am able to run this code with out an issue:

Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, ''Hello World!'', ''Hi!'')"')

But if I wanted to include a variable in place of "HI!" I get a error message "Variable used without being declared", even though I have declared it.

Here is my code:

$Label21 = "Test"
Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(0, $label21, ''Hi!'')"')

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your guidance,

Rich

Edited by rich2323

Global $iLabel = "Test"
Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "MsgBox(64, ''' & $iLabel & ''',''Hi!'' )"')

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thank you!

Is there any reason why this would not work?

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Global $Label1
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 415, 438, 192, 124)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label1", 64, 64, 276, 105)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "GUICtrlSetData(''' & $Label1 & ''',''111111Hi!'' )"')

While 1
 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
 Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
 EndSwitch
WEnd

Because the AutoIt ControlD is in a separate process.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Is there a way in make it work?

Do it the same way you would automate any window, with the Control*() functions. Try ControlSetText().

What I am trying to acomplish is to pull data from an ini to update labels including variables.

Why would you use a second process for that? I don't think that makes sense.

ini file:

[Label21]
data21 = Username:' & @username

script:

#include <StaticConstants.au3>
Global $Label1
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 415, 438, 192, 124)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Label1", 64, 64, 276, 105)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$riLabel1 = IniRead("C:\troyit\downloadlocations.ini", "Label21", "data21", "NotFound")
GUICtrlSetData($Label1, $riLabel1 )
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

The end result is that I want the label to show the "username".

I want to be able to maniplate the ini to change the labels without recompiling the script.

Does this clear up what I am trying to do?

Does this clear up what I am trying to do?

Not really as you changed the problem half way through the thread. :graduated: But disregarding all of the above here is an example for you...

Example of your current problem:

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $iLabel, $sRead

GUICreate("Example by guinness")
    $iLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 5, 5, 490)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$sRead = StringReplace(IniRead("Settings.ini", "Section", "Key", "myUserName: @UserName"), "@UserName", @UserName) ; Use StringReplace!
    GUICtrlSetData($iLabel, $sRead)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                Exit
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I appricate your help.

One last question, is there a way to accomplish reading the data from the ini file and putting it into a label without the code knowing what is going to be in the ini key?

What I am hoping to do is update the ini file with any info so that anyone could change it and the script would have the updated info without recompiling the code.

Using StringReplace, I would still have to update the code to accompish this.

Thanks for your input.

Rich

IniReadSectionNames and IniReadSection is probably what you're looking for. The first one will read in all of the section names into an array. The second one is used to read in all of the keys/values of the section into an array. This way you don't need to know what the section names might be before trying to read from them, and the same goes for what is in those unknown sections.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I am able to read and display that values in from the ini to my gui, I just cant figure out how to include variables in the ini that will convert over to the script. In the example that guinness posted it assumes that i know what I am going to have in the ini to use the stringreplace command. I will not know what info is going to be in the ini after the code is compiled. Any other suggestions?