About Object Oriented Programming?

edena

I don't fully understand it myself, but here's what I have come to learn. Let's make you into an object. You have traits like skin color, height, age, nickname, etc. Instead of creating variables for each of your traits, you are the core and you call the traits that you have. Something like this:

skincolor.edena

height.edena

age.edena

nickname.edena

I wish I could tell you more, but like I said, I don't fully understand the concept myself. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to explain it better.

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Thanks sleepydvdr,

so are you saying that if a programmer created a program and that program is now called an object, you then create your program to use this object with other objects...lol!!!

I'm getting confused!!! anyone out there is it like what I just said?

Object orientated programming is basically the encapsulation of everything to do with a certain area of a program into an object. So from the outside of the object you only see the objects "intereface" NOT the internal workings of the object. To make a program you put together many objects and tell them how to interact and you have a program.

So to use the Human Object you see the face, eyes, etc, etc, etc and the things that other Objects need to interact with that object. You don’t see (normally) the heart, lungs, etc that make the object work. ALSO objects don’t share (normally) internal parts I.E. humans don’t share lungs, hearts, etc.

This is compared to AutoIT where functions can share/access global parts with other functions. IE a GUI can be accessed by all functions in a program.

I did this for 3 years at UNI but that was a few years ago. :graduated:

If you have any further questions please ask.

Hope that helps!

John Morrison