Data Encryption Standard (DES) on AutoIt

zizou86

Hi,

I am aware that AutoIt has no support for DES encryption and I am looking for a script that can help. I am very reluctant to code the entire DES out myself in AutoIt as that is going to take a tremendous amount of time and kind of reinvents the wheel.

I know that Windows has some form of API for DES. However, I tried a DLL call and there is the _Crypt_DeriveKey function that helps you generate a key from a short password. I cannot use this as I already have a binary/hex key and I will like to use this key for my DES encryption.

Hence, I found out that the API has CryptImportKey function. But I am extremely unsure of how to go about using it as I am not very good at Dll calls.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa380207(v=VS.85).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa382383(v=VS.85).aspx

Here's what I have tried (its pretty much translations of the 2nd link posted above):

$aRet = DllCall("advapi32.dll", 'int', 'CryptAcquireContext', 'ptr*', 0, 'ptr', 0, 'ptr', 0, 'dword', 1, 'dword', 0xF0000000)

Local $DesKeyBlob[20] = [0x08,0x02,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x66,0x00,0x00,0x08,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xf1,0x0e,0x25,0x7c,0x6b,0xce,0x0d,0x34]

Local $phKey= DllStructCreate("uint")

Local $ret= DllCall("Advapi32.dll","int","CryptImportKey","ptr*",$hContext,"int",$DesKeyBlob,"dword",BinaryLen($DesKeyBlob),"ptr",0,"dword",1,"ptr*", DllStructGetPtr($phKey))

My codes reported no error but the key is always 0. I tried to do an exportKey after the import and once more, the key is 0. I have honestly no idea how I can fix this as I have not really used AutoIt and DLLcalls together before.

Can some kind soul please point me to the right direction please? I understand that DES is obsolette and I really should use AES. But I do really need to use DES instead of AES for this. I really appreciate if someone can show me an example of this so I can continue with my programming work for the other forms of encryption.

Thank you.

Regards.

Sorry I seem unable to edit my codes. The codes I posted above lacked the code tags so here I am reposting here for ease of reading of my AutoIT codes:

$aRet = DllCall("advapi32.dll", 'int', 'CryptAcquireContext', 'ptr*', 0, 'ptr', 0, 'ptr', 0, 'dword', 1, 'dword', 0xF0000000)
Local $DesKeyBlob[20] = [0x08,0x02,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x66,0x00,0x00,0x08,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xf1,0x0e,0x25,0x7c,0x6b,0xce,0x0d,0x34]

Local $ret= DllCall("Advapi32.dll","int","CryptImportKey","ptr*",$hContext,"int",$DesKeyBlob,"dword",BinaryLen($DesKeyBlob),"ptr",0,"dword",1,"ptr*", DllStructGetPtr($phKey
Edited by zizou86