Adding computer to AD domain

We are imaging 100 PCs with Ghost (and then running Ghost Walk afterwards). Is there a way in AutoIt to programatically add one of these newly ghosted machines to our AD domain? I would like to run this script from the newly ghosted PC on it's first boot. I would also like to rename the computer at the same time, but already found a vbscript to do this in the forums. Or are there command line utilities to do this?

Thanks,

-John

We are imaging 100 PCs with Ghost (and then running Ghost Walk afterwards).  Is there a way in AutoIt to programatically add one of these newly ghosted machines to our AD domain?  I would like to run this script from the newly ghosted PC on it's first boot.  I would also like to rename the computer at the same time, but already found a vbscript to do this in the forums.  Or are there command line utilities to do this?

Thanks,

-John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I supported Ghost at one time. 4 things you should know:

GhostWalker shouldn't be used on 2K and higher. Although technically supported, it wasn't tested and I've seen it cause registry corruption and other horrible things

Sysprep can be used to join machines to domains. (and gen SID, change puter name etc...)

Do not try to use any combination of ghostwalker/sysprep/autoit together on the first reboot. They will at the very least step on each other's toes.

If you are against using Sysprep for some reason, you could do every with a combination of utilities (leaving yourself vulnerable to multiple points of failure though) such as NewSID by sysinternals and Netdom.exe by M$ and other such command line tools.

http://tinyurl.com/aujop

http://tinyurl.com/9r44w

Good luck, hope that helps...

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......