[Solved] Refresh taskbar - icon

Heya,

I have some Autoit scripts that runs a exe depending on condictions "it happens quite alot :graduated:" each time the exe is run it puts a icon. over time these icons stack up and when press the windows 7 arrow i see the huge list of them ;)

Is there any way i could make a script to refresh it so i wouldn't see this ??

Edited by IanN1990

• Moderators

IanN1990,

It sounds as though you do not need all these instances running. If that is the case then just use ProcessExists to check if an instance is already running and if it is use ProcessClose to end it before starting the new instance. :graduated:

You could also use ProcessWaitClose to make sure it has gone. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

hmm thanks for the imput but i think in this case it wouldn't work. The Autoit scripts are broken down into 3 sections, one for Internet Explorer, one for firefox and one for kmplayer.

for each application, if its full-screen it runs a screen dimming .exe "which dims the left and right screen by 70% and also puts the icon into the taskbar" once the application is un-fullscreen auto ends the exe to un-dim the screens. So depending how many times i full screen depends on how many times the icon comes :graduated:

Does help

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

What about this >>

And placed inside a function:

Func _Taskbar_Refresh() ; By rasim >> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/66629-systemtray-refresh/.
    Local $aMouseGetPos, $hHandle, $hParent, $hTaskBar, $tLeft, $tRight, $tTop, $tWinRect

$hTaskBar = _WinAPI_FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", "")
    $hParent = ControlGetHandle($hTaskBar, "", "TrayNotifyWnd1")
    $hHandle = ControlGetHandle($hParent, "", "ToolbarWindow321")
    $tWinRect = _WinAPI_GetWindowRect($hHandle)
    $aMouseGetPos = MouseGetPos()
    $tLeft = DllStructGetData($tWinRect, "Left")
    $tRight = DllStructGetData($tWinRect, "Right")
    $tTop = DllStructGetData($tWinRect, "Top")
    For $A = $tLeft To $tRight
        MouseMove($A, $tTop, 0)
    Next
    MouseMove($aMouseGetPos[0], $aMouseGetPos[1], 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_Taskbar_Refresh

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yeh it would.

What about this, all I did was search the forum >>

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Correct me if i am wrong , but that code though would remove the dead icons would also remove everything else and reset it back to default which is a desired result :graduated:

P.S I always search the forums before asking questions, in many cases going >9 page but it takes experience and knowledge sometimes to know what ur looking for ;)

but it takes experience and knowledge sometimes

I disagree, it's not about having a coding background, but thinking of logical search patterns to use. For example in your case the pattern would've been 'refresh the traymenu,' but I digress from the question...

The link I posted previously will clear all icon references located in the registry key ...Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify\ therefore once explorer is restarted the only icons showing are those of the current processes running (that have a trayicon.)

UDF List:

hmmm though the code you linked prob would work i donno if it would be useful for me. As i get a UAC prompt and restarting explorer takes a while. Added to that this code would need to be run every time i exit a full-screen program or game so.... yea :S

Using

$CurrentPos = MouseGetPos()
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
$Tray = WinGetClientSize("classname=Shell_TrayWnd", "")

MouseMove(3550, 20,0)
MouseClick("left")
MouseMove(3550, 100,0)
sleep(5)
MouseMove(3590, 100,0)
sleep(5)
MouseMove(3550, 20,0)
MouseClick("left")
MouseMove($CurrentPos[0], $CurrentPos[1], 1)

It moves the mouse over the arrow, clicks it, moves down and removes them that way but again this seams not that great for my needs so.... my new question is :graduated:

Is there any way for a script to detect my mouse has moved to MouseMove(3550, 20,0) and clicked the arrow ?

**Extra Info

Shell_TrayWnd

Button

Edited by IanN1990

When you post code please use the [autoit][/autoit] tags (blue A button).

MouseGetPos() & _IsPressed()

UDF List:

Thanks i will try that out now, sorry about the

i am getting better at but it was late and the flat was making lots of noise i kinda forgot ^^

P.S I donno if this is a bug with the software or not but i found i cant open the Help File unless the script is saved :graduated: **Autoit Portal version

Edited by IanN1990

It's not a bug, SciTE must have a .au3 file open.

UDF List:

heya i wrote some code **i will tidy it up a little later as i am in a rush to head out

#NoTrayIcon
#include <Misc.au3>
$dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
while 1
    sleep(25)
    $pos = MouseGetPos()
if $pos[0] >= 3550 and $pos[1] >=5 Then
    if $pos[0] <= 3570 and $pos[1] <=30 Then
        if _IsPressed("01", $dll) then
            $CurrentPos = MouseGetPos()
MouseMove(3550, 100,0)
sleep(5)
MouseMove(3590, 100,0)
sleep(5)
MouseMove($CurrentPos[0], $CurrentPos[1], 1)
MouseClick("left")
            EndIf
    EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd
DllClose($dll)

Is there any way i can hide the mouse arrow-head while the code is being run and un-hide it once its finished. So when the exe is run, it looks overall more proffesional and could be used by other people ?

Edited by IanN1990

_WinAPI_ShowCursor()

UDF List:

Though i could get it to work, i couldn't get it to do what i was after.

My goal was to make some code that clicks the arrow, and then goes down the list removing all the dead icons,

If it does it "fast" i misses some of the icons, but looks better and more proffesioanl. If it goes slow it gets them all but looks a little nafy ;)

but my hope was to be able to hide the mouse during the "go slow" idea but the API idea seams to need a GUI.

So after a while researching i made a invisible GUI but it still failed as i couldn't get the GUI over the buttons, and even if i could the mouse would be scrolling the GUI and not the icons "which is what i would need to remove them" :graduated:

Edited by IanN1990

OK, sorry about that.

UDF List:

What about this >>

UDF List: