UAC Windows Security popup click

chachew

Looked around on the forum but i cant seem to find anything that solves my issue. I have this on windows 7 X86 and X64. I am unable to click the button on the Windows Security popup box to continue with the installation.

I am trying to click the "Install this driver software anywhere" button which is the window info below. I have tried ControlClick("Windows Security","&Install this driver software anyway","[CLASSNN:Button2]")

; ControlSend("Windows Security","","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]","{ENTER}") with no success

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: Windows Security

Class: #32770

Position: 694, 356

Size: 516, 308

Style: 0x96C80284

ExStyle: 0x00010101

Handle: 0x00000000000A0342

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Button

Instance: 2

ClassnameNN: Button2

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]

ID:

Text: &Install this driver software anyway

Position: 47, 139

Size: 448, 87

ControlClick Coords: 79, 29

Style: 0x5000200E

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00000000000B03D8

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 828, 554

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Do&n't install this driver software

&Install this driver software anyway

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

The driver software you're attempting to install does not have a valid digital signature that verifies who published it, and could potentially be malicious software. You should only install driver software from publishers you trust. <A HREF="mshelp://windows/?id=5622d7d6-531b-4e76-be48-0059d38339c4">How can I decide which device software is safe to install?</A>

• Moderators

chachew,

Looked around on the forum but i cant seem to find anything that solves my issue

Perhaps because the UAC dialogs are automation-resistant? :graduated:

A moment's thought should make you realise why this is so..... :)

M23

Edit:

But you could try #requireadmin at the top of your script - you still need to click manually in an initial dialog, but it elevates the script to prevent further UAC prompts. ;)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks Melba, ill try to figure out another way around this. I am using the #requireAdmin

Alkex, my mind was mad eup beforehand...just asking a question....this is an X64 machine not 32bit and its a non issue when UAC is disabled. Thanks

Details, details. That doesn't change the fact that you need to make up your mind. Previous statement stands.

You can't talk with windows above your privilege, you need to run as admin to automate that window. See #RequireAdmin in helpfile.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Details, details. That doesn't change the fact that you need to make up your mind. Previous statement stands.

You can't talk with windows above your privilege, you need to run as admin to automate that window. See #RequireAdmin in helpfile.

#RequireAdmin is and always has been used

Errm you don't have the real code commented do you?

No i do not, that was for testing purposes and i forgot to pull it out. I think i can use WinGetPos for the dialog box then move the mouse according to window position and do a MouseClick