RegJumper v 1.0.1.7 Update of 12 Oct 2014

wakillon

In the serie of handy Tiny tools, here is RegJumper !

Open Registry Editor to the Reg Key who is copied in the clipboard.

Reg Keys are automatically added to Regedit favorites.
For an easy "navigation" favorites names are Reg Keys.
If Key doesnt exists RegJumper offers you to open his ( existing ) parent Key.

32 or 64 bits Reg Keys will be adapted to your OS env.
Favorites are limited to 20, deleting the oldest Keys.

Without Reg Key in clipboard it open Registry Editor as usual to the last opened Key
but if you hold "Left SHIFT" Key when clicking, it will be open to the root.

Only an Icon used for compilation is downloaded at first execution.

I was a bit tired of clicking -_- in the registry editor for access a key.
One day i have found a vbs script who use the fact to delete the last opened reg key for open it to the root.
Playing with this astuce and after some tries for add some functionnalities, i have made this tiny tool. :thumbsup:

Previous Downloads : 795

SourceRegJumper1.0.1.7.au3.html

ExecutableRegJumper.exe.html

(Once this html file downloaded, double click on it for start the download)

Will be added to the next version of SciTE Hopper.

Trying it, it's adopt it !
Hope you find it handy ! ;)

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

I'm sure I will find some use for this :graduated: Thanks.

Edit: wakillon, you're missing a couple of includes, I will add to my version now.

Edit: I copy the registry key e.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mpg and then run the compiled application, but it doesn't navigate to that key. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm sure I will find some use for this :graduated: Thanks.

Edit: wakillon, you're missing a couple of includes, I will add to my version now.

Edit: I copy the registry key e.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mpg and then run the compiled application, but it doesn't navigate to that key. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Which includes are missing ?

As it change keys in the registry may be you need to use run as administrator ?

Is there 2 types of reg key in x64 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64 ?

Edited by wakillon

WindowsConstants.au3 & String.au3, does it work for you without those includes?

No there aren't, I just tested in Windows XP SP3 and it works, so I will have a look in the next couple of days to figure out the problem.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

WindowsConstants.au3 & String.au3, does it work for you without those includes?

No there aren't, I just tested in Windows XP SP3 and it works, so I will have a look in the next couple of days to figure out the problem.

Yes it work, String.au3 is already include and no need to WindowsConstants.au3

I will try it on x64 if i find one... :graduated:

I'm using the beta and $WM_SYSCOMMAND isn't included unless I add WindowsConstants.au3.

UDF List:

I'm using the beta and $WM_SYSCOMMAND isn't included unless I add WindowsConstants.au3.

WindowsConstants.au3 was pre-include in APIConstants.au3 who was pre-include in

but not in the last version !

So you can add

Global Const $WM_SYSCOMMAND = 0x0112

Updated.

Edited by wakillon

Just my preference but I prefer to use WindowsConstants.au3 :graduated:

UDF List:

Have a look at this >> and I don't like that the icon is moved to the C:\Windows directory, I changed it but is there a reason you install it there?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Have a look at this >> and I don't like that the icon is downloaded and moved to the C:\Windows directory, I thefore changed this to @ScriptDir.

I already see it, but mine have more fonctionnalities and can close child Regedit windows more quickly with SendMessage than WinClose.

I set icon path in c:\windows because i don't find a way to set an "environement variable" to the path to #AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=

I found this was more simple... :graduated:

Edit : it's just a little icon !

Edited by wakillon

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=Icon.ico will look in the @ScriptDir.

UDF List:

Using ProcessClose() instead of WinClose() is not a good idea. You abnormally terminates the process. This can lead to bad old results, especially in the registry.

I use _SendMessage() instead of WinClose() for close windows.

ProcessClose() is just use if it take too long time to close the windows.

That's why i put a Sleep() before it.

you can verify that in most of cases process doesn't exists at this momment. :graduated:

Why do you think that SC_CLOSE faster than native WinClose()?

Try this

#Include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Global Const $SC_CLOSE = 0xF060
Global Const $WM_SYSCOMMAND = 0x0112
Global $_RegWinList

_LaunchRegedit ( )
$_TimerInit = TimerInit ( )
For $_I = 1 To UBound ( $_RegWinList ) - 1
    WinKill ( $_RegWinList[$_I][0] )
Next
_GetDuration ( )

_LaunchRegedit ( )
    WinClose ( $_RegWinList[$_I][0] )
Next
_GetDuration ( )

_LaunchRegedit ( )
    _SendMessage ( $_RegWinList[$_I][0], $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_CLOSE, 0 )
Next
_GetDuration ( )

Func _LaunchRegedit ( )
    Run ( 'regedit' )
    Do
        $_RegWinList = _WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows ( ProcessExists ( 'regedit.exe' ) )
    Until IsArray ( $_RegWinList )
EndFunc

Func _GetDuration ( )
    $_TimerDiff = TimerDiff ( $_TimerInit )
    ConsoleWrite ( "!->-- $_TimerDiff  : " & $_TimerDiff & @Crlf )
EndFunc

I get

WinKill() : 252.057458727478

WinClose() : 249.916980809882

_SendMessage() : 8.03527781947691

Edited by wakillon

In the serie of handy Tiny tools, here is RegJumper !

Shouldn't that be TinyRegJumper? BTW, nice utility.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator