Processclose not killing the actual process

Alodar

I used to use a Processclose("LogMeIn.exe") to kill the process, and then restart it, because when I remote in to a machine, and then log it in to a VPN (while remoted) it has to be reset before I can remote in to it with LogMeIn again. However, in Windows 7, it won't actually kill the process?

I have it set as require admin, don't have UAC on (it's entirely off), but it just tries to close the process forever (I used a while loop to continue trying to kill it while the PID exists).

Any suggestions/help?

Yeah, I tried that. There are actually 3 processes; LMIGuarian.exe, LogMeInSystray.exe, and LogMeIn.exe. None of the above get closed with Processclose for some reason. It's like Windows is simply ignoring the command from Autoit.

You said you have win7, but is that win7 x64?

If not, then; I had no problem killing any of those services if i was running as admin AND had the seDebug privilege... short way of getting seDebug:

DllCall("ntdll.dll", "int", "RtlAdjustPrivilege", "int", 20, "int", 1, "int", 0, "int*", 0) ; Get SeDebugPrivilege

[EDIT: but I'm working locally, so there might be other circumstances in your case... ?]

/Manko

Edited by Manko
Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...