SciTE problems - not sure if I have something setup wrong or not

Ray

I'm using SciTE4AutoIt3 version 2.27 recently made available in AutoIt3 downloads.

The problem I'm having is that when I try to use the Ctrl J command (Jump to Func), I get a message in the console windows that says: 'Unable to find function definition: functionname'.

This only occurrs when I'm trying to jump to a function located in an UDF stored in my additional UDFs folder located at 'C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes'. In all other cases, it works just fine. If I try to jump to a function contained within the script that I'm working on it goes right to the function. If I try to jump to a function that is in one of the standard includes located in the directory 'AutoIt3/Include' the include is opened up and I'm taken to the function.

I've setup the CallTips for the UDFs/Functions in my 'C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes' directory and that feature is working great. The tip is available and AutoComplete will complete inserting the function name into my script.

Another part of what I believe to be the same problem is the ability to open the include using the Alt I command. As long as the include is located in the standard Include folder it can be opened but includes located in the user-defined folder all refuse to be opened and the same error as indicated above will be printed into the console window.

I'm sure that I've over-looked some setup step to getting this to work correctly but have failed to find the problem yet. Could someone give me a hand in getting this straightened out?

I looked at the LUA code in the SciTE files and didn't see where reference to the user defined directories is made. However, since the CallTips are working and my scripts that use functions located in 'C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes' all work fine, SciTE must be aware of the location as provided in the registry key.

Thanks

Ray

The CTRL-J tool doesn't work if the function is located in a file that's in a folder other than the standard Include folder.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks BrewManNH. Not the answer I was hoping to get but at least now I know that it didn't break because of something I did when setting up the CallTips. Guess I should have just left all my added UDFs in the AutoIt3/Include folder.

Thanks

Ray

• Developers

The CTRL-J tool doesn't work if the function is located in a file that's in a folder other than the standard Include folder.

Are you sure or just guessing? :graduated: Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Not the answer I was hoping to get but at least now I know that it didn't break because of something I did when setting up the CallTips. Guess I should have just left all my added UDFs in the AutoIt3/Include folder.

Just add these to your SciteUser.properties:

openpath.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\include;$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\priveinclude
openpath.beta.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\beta\include;$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\beta\priveinclude
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

A little more searching to find out where the SciteUser.properties file was located, and then some experimenting to figure out exactly what to add. AND Great, now it works.

Thanks again, Jos.

Here's what I finally had to add to get mine to work for me:

openpath.$(au3)=C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes;C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes

openpath.beta.$(au3)=C:\AutoIt3AddedIncludes\beta

Edited by Ray

A little more searching to find out where the SciteUser.properties file was located

Why search? It's right there in SciTE, Options > Open User Options File.

Are you sure or just guessing? :graduated:

I tried adding the user includes folder that I have into this section of the AutoItGotoDefinition.lua file

function AutoItGotoDefinition:onstartup()

-- This variable defines the name of a property which contains a semi-colon

-- delimited list of directories where #include files can be found. For

-- best results, user-defined paths should appear first and the Standard

-- Library path should be last. Customize this variable to be the name

-- of the property exactly how it appears in the properties file.

self.DirProp = "openpath.$(au3)"

Because I assumed that's where it was supposed to go by the description given in the header information, and it didn't work, I further assumed that it wouldn't work for user includes not in the include folder.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator