Unable to create Browser Object - Server 2003

Hello,

I am working on a script that automates a process for us. Part of that process is filling out a web based form. Using the IE.au3 UDF this has been working great on my Vista IE 7 system. It has also worked on a few 2003 servers as well.

However on the past couple I get @error 1 General Error: Browser Object Creation Failed.

The systems in question are running Server 2003 SP2 with IE 7.

In my testing I have entered in different websites and removed all options, i even left it all blank once $var = _IECreate()

On the server in the application log I do get a DCOM error stating that the system cannot find the path specified: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE -Embedding. I did verify that is the proper path to the iexplorer.exe file, however i am not familiar with the -embedding switch.

This appears to be more of a system issue, due to it works on others but I wanted to toss this out there and hopefully someone else has run into this issue.

Here is the begining of the code till where i have the problem.

#include <ie.au3>
$store = "000"
$systag = "1234567890"
$NumPOSTerm = "10"
$email = "me@you.com"
;######################### Open IE window for xxxxx ####################
$oTLoginIE = _IECreate ("http://www.google.com", 0, 1, 1, 1)
$oTLoginIE_Error = @error
If $oTLoginIE_Error > 0 Then
MsgBox(0, "t", "error " & $oTLoginIE_Error)
EndIf

Thanks

Keith

Keith Hugginswww.LivingViLife.com | [email="Keith.Visalus@gmail.com"]Keith.Visalus@gmail.com[/email]Want to automate your weightloss and fitness? I lost 20 pounds and 5 inches across my belly in 8 weeks without exercise!Check out my website or shoot me a email for more information

As a side note I am able to open that web page on that system manually.

Thanks again in advance

Keith Hugginswww.LivingViLife.com | [email="Keith.Visalus@gmail.com"]Keith.Visalus@gmail.com[/email]Want to automate your weightloss and fitness? I lost 20 pounds and 5 inches across my belly in 8 weeks without exercise!Check out my website or shoot me a email for more information

Try killing all iexplore.exe on thesstem and tryin again (or logoutor reboot). Most often caued by a zombie IE process, if it worked before.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble