How to navigate IE site when link opens a new IE popup window? Dont want to close it!

I am trying to automate navigating through a website. Everything goes fine until at one point, when you click the link, it brings up a popup. I need to continue navigation of that popup window but I do not have control of it since my IE object is no longer connected to it. Also, the title of the popup window changes.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate()

_IENavigate($oIE, http://whatever.com)

$loginUser=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"username")

_IEFormElementSetValue($loginUser,$userName)

$loginPword=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"password")

_IEFormElementSetValue($loginPword,$securID)

$loginSubmit=_IEGetObjByName($oIE,"Login")

_IEAction($loginSubmit,"click")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

that part works fine. After I login, I can navigate between a few pages as they say in the same browser window and I us $oIE. When the new window pops up, it no longer responds to $oIE.

$oIE is only an object to the original IE window. Any popup cant be automated with the initial object.

Depending on the popup - if it is a new IE window or some kind of control like Java there are different approches.

If it is a new IE window you can use _IEAttach to get the popup IEobject. You can use title or link or other parameters to attach.

Check out the help file. If the popup is Java or other control it gets complicated. More info will be needed for that.In most of the cases

you can use ControlClick or the Mouse click functions.