@SW_RESTORE and Buttons

fett8802

Hello All,

My problem is that I'm 'closing' a program to the tray instead of closing it outright. Many programs do this to save the room on the taskbar but keep the service running. It's a TCP monitoring program. Minimizing still minimizes to the taskbar. The actual program contains a significant amount of proprietary information, so I wrote a short replication script. This script operates very similarly to the program I've written and duplicates the problems.

When you first run the script, observe that you can click the "On" and "Off" buttons which activate/deactivates the opposing button. Now, minimize the program and restore it. Verify that you can still operate the buttons properly. Now, click the 'X-Out' button to close the program to the tray. You can now restore the program either by right clicking and selecting restore, or by double clicking. Observe that, after restoral, the buttons can no longer be clicked correctly but that all other functions (minimizing, tray menu) work correctly.

Let me know if you have any suggestions! Thanks!

- Fett

Note: After further testing, it seems like the program no longer recognizes the OnEvent for the buttons.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
Opt("TrayOnEventMode", 1)                   ;Set the AutoIt Mode to On Event
Opt("TrayAutoPause",0)                   ;Turns off the auto pause when the tray icon is clicked
Opt("TrayMenuMode",9)                    ;Remove the default exit, script paused controls from the tray menu
Global $sToggle = 0, $bToggle = 0, $mToggle = 0
$gMain = GUICreate("", 122, 42, 192, 124)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "gClose")
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("ON", 8, 8, 49, 25, $WS_GROUP)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "ButtonClick")
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("OFF", 64, 8, 49, 25, $WS_GROUP)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "ButtonClick")
  GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)
$gTrayMenuRestore = TrayCreateItem("Restore", -1)             ;Create a Tray Item option for restoring the GUI
TrayItemSetOnEvent($gTrayMenuRestore, "tClick")           ;Set the OnEvent for the above control
$gTrayMenuLine = TrayCreateItem("", -1)              ;Create a Tray Item option for restoring the GUI
$gTrayMenuExit = TrayCreateItem("Exit", -1)             ;Create a Tray Item option for restoring the GUI
TrayItemSetOnEvent($gTrayMenuExit, "tClick")              ;Set the OnEvent for the above control
TraySetOnEvent($TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOUBLE,"tClick")            ;Set the OnEvent for when the user double clicks the tray
TraySetClick(16)                      ;Set it so that only releasing the secondary mouse button will display the tray menu
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
If $bToggle = 0 And $mToggle = 0 Then
  GUICtrlSetState($Button2, $GUI_DISABLE)
  GUICtrlSetState($Button1, $GUI_ENABLE)
  $mToggle = 1
EndIf
If $bToggle = 1 And $mToggle = 1 Then
  GUICtrlSetState($Button2, $GUI_ENABLE)
  GUICtrlSetState($Button1, $GUI_DISABLE)
  $mToggle = 0
EndIf
Sleep(10)
WEnd
Func ButtonClick()
If @GUI_CtrlId = $Button1 And $bToggle = 0 Then $bToggle = 1
If @GUI_CtrlId = $Button2 And $bToggle = 1 Then $bToggle = 0
EndFunc
Func Form1Close()
Exit
EndFunc
Func gClose()
Switch @GUI_WINHANDLE                   ;Begin a switch conditional based on which GUI called the function
  Case $gMain                     ;If the Main GUI called the function, then
   GUISetState(@SW_HIDE, $gMain)                ;Hide the Main GUI
   Return                     ;Return from the function
EndSwitch                      ;End the switch conditional
Exit
EndFunc   ;==>gClose
Func tClick()
If @TRAY_ID = $gTrayMenuExit Then Exit
WinSetState($gMain,"",@SW_SHOW)              ;Restore the main GUI window
EndFunc
Edited by fett8802
[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

by adding

AutoItSetOption("trayicondebug", 1)

I found that your example is getting stuck on line 38 (the Sleep in your while 1 loop.) since the only 2 things it's checking are

$bToggle = 0 And $mToggle = 0

or

$bToggle = 1 And $mToggle = 1

my conclusion is that the flags are not set to either of those conditions (one of the flags is a 1 and the other is a 0)

*edit*

After adding a Gui to update and show the current toggle values of $bToggle and $mToggle, that is exaclt the problem

They are never both 0 or both 1, hence when you restore it gets stuck in the while loop waiting for a condition that will never happen

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Use GuiSetState(@SW_SHOW, $gMain) instead of WinSetState(). It affects internal GUI handling. I assume GuiSetState(@SW_HIDE) suspends AutoIt's internal GUI handling to save on resources.

Thank you both very much for your timely responses. The above quote did the trick!

- Fett

[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

Use GuiSetState(@SW_SHOW, $gMain) instead of WinSetState(). It affects internal GUI handling. I assume GuiSetState(@SW_HIDE) suspends AutoIt's internal GUI handling to save on resources.

Ahh, I didn't even catch that

Normally I try not to mix command types like that just out of consistancy so I didn't notice the Win/Gui change

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!