Context menu shortcut, reg settings.

Hi,

I know this dont have much to do with AI but you guys are darn cleaver and someone out there might be able to help out.

I'm trying to run an AI script from a context menu shortcut, iv made the context shortcut but when i use if from right clicking on an exe file i cant stop the darn "Open File - Security Warning" (file verification) dialogue from showing even though im not actually trying to execute the file itself & although iv searched i cant find the answer to my problem.

The file name of the AI exe that im wanting to run is V7SendTo.exe.

Iv added the reg entries :-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\V7SendTo]

"Icon"="shell32,43

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\V7SendTo\command]

@="E:\Program Files (x86)\V7SendTo\V7SendTo.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Folder\shell\V7SendTo]

"Icon"="shell32,43

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Folder\shell\V7SendTo\command]

@="E:\Program Files (x86)\V7SendTo\V7SendTo.exe"

So the folder context shortcut works great and the file context shortcut also works great on all but some .exe's.

I have tried looking at how other app's and reg hacks do it but i cant tease out the info i need to stop that security warning dialogue showing.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

Look in my signature for the following UDF's >> _SendTo, _ShellFile, ShellFolder etc..

Edit: And _ShellAll

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

well iv had a good play about with your UDF's and although very good stuff they still shows the security warning dialogue on .exe's that are "cannot be verified"

Posted Image

This was a test using your command :-

_ShellAll_Install("test","notepad","E:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe")

Im i doing something wrong here ?

O and BTW, if you dont declare an icon ( $iIcon = 0 ) as I did not in this case, it still tries to use the @scriptname as the icon

Posted Image

Excellent stuff though :D Thx.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

Ok. Read the header again you will see that variable is the index, so just declare the name blank for the variable which is for the path of the icon.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

o right sorry my mistake , the default $sIconPath=@ScriptFullPath , my bad.

But what about my original problem, this darn security warning dialogue that i need to stop from showing ?

Thx for your help here :D

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

Thats how you've set your windows to be im afraid.

UDF List:

Sorry you lost me, i havent set windows to be anything , its a new installation. Iv tried it on xp as well and that also shows that same dialogue on unverified .exe's but other app like Unlocker , winrara, etc etc can be run from there context menu on these certain .exe files without that dialogue showing , i just cant see how they do it.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

Basically it's not the UDF. What version of AutoIt are you using? Windows has been setup to show this if the application isn't signed.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

AI v3.3.6.1 i believe (from the front page of the help file that comes with AI)

As far as i know (and iv installed many many copys of windows, xp, vista & 7) on a default clean installation they always show this dialogue on unverified exe's if you try to run them unless you turn that function off (although im not sure how , iv never needed to before) . Thing is that im not trying to run these exe's but from these reg settings it seams to think i am. If i click on "Run" in that dialogue it then does run my app but if i want people to use what im making i cant tell them to turn off this file verification before my app will work properly.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

yea this function was added with xp sp2 and is included with windows from then on :-

The Open File Security Warning dialog box appears when opening files after an upgrade of Windows XP with the SP2 update. This function was added in the SP2 update to improve Window's security. The warning enables you to protect your computer from harmful files executing without your consent. Unfortunately, the constant pop up of the warning quickly becomes an aggravation.

Quote from http://www.ehow.com/how_4910311_disable-windows-xp-service-pack.html

So taking that fact into account when i right click on an "Unverified" exe and click on winrar add to achieve it does not show that security dialogue it runs the winrar app and parses the selected file to it. I dont care about the parsing of the selected files but i do want to just run my app without that security dialogue showing just like winrar & others do.

I can see how to disable it but it should not be necessary as i can see that it is possible somehow (as shown by winrar & others) and i dont really want to disable other peoples windows settings , i shouldn't need to.

*scratches head :D

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.