how can I hide or password protect a network folder

speedi

I have developed a script to do daily backups to a network folder at work.. I need to hide or password protect my backup destination network folder from other network users.... I need to include whatever method in my automated script that runs daily... I have been unable to find a way to accomplish this... Thank you for helping....

Jim

It depends on how well it needs to be hidden. If you just want to hide it from ordinary users you can make it a hidden share by adding $ to the sharename (eg. Shared$). This way if users browse the device it wont be published.

You could lock it down so that users can't access it and create a service account to run your script with, or do both

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

It depends on how well it needs to be hidden. If you just want to hide it from ordinary users you can make it a hidden share by adding $ to the sharename (eg. Shared$). This way if users browse the device it wont be published.

You could lock it down so that users can't access it and create a service account to run your script with, or do both

Actually I frequently need to access the folder by browsing from one of several PC's.. So I was thinking that a password hide or access would work well for me... Thanks for your suggestion... ps. all users on the network are administrators...