Followers 0
KaFu

ICU - Icon Configuration Utility [Updated 2013-May-24]

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

ICU - Icon Configuration Utility

130111_ICU_1.jpg

Current Version: v5.0 (2013-May-24)

Restore your desktop when the icons get "rearranged".

Melba23 and I found we were working on very similar ideas to restore the Desktop icons to their normal place if they became "rearranged" (). Vista seems to like this doing on occasion just for fun - but we all know some apps and games which change the display resolution or move icons around. This annoys "tidy" people who like their desktops arranged "just so" - I am particularly thinking of this desktop when I say that! :D

We combined efforts and here is the result of our labors.

Operation is easy - press "Save" to store a particular configuration and "Restore" to reset the icons to the saved positions in the selected configuration file. "Delete" allows you to remove unwanted configuration files from the list. There is a command line option so that the restoration can be run via HotKeys if required (that is why the script warns that it should be compiled for full functionality). You can decide what to do with any icons that have been added since you last saved the configuration file - the default is to put them in the top-left corner, but you can also banish them way off-screen or, more sensibly, specify a location for them.

A new feature as of ICU v3.4 is the optional Desktop Contextmenu Integration (DCI) for Win7 (Win7 only because Microsoft implemented an easy way to do this through the registry as of this release).

Version 3.3 should fix the empty save file bug

Version 3.4 Win7: Admin rights no longer needed for DCI

Version 5.0 Win8 compatibility for DCI

The source and executable can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu

Kudos to Ascend4nt, Melba23, Prog@ndy, & Valik for parts of the code.

Please let me know if you found some piece of code in the source for which I forgot to mention a credit.

Enjoy, let me know what you think of ICU and with Best Regards

Edited by KaFu

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Nice!

I used WinTidy for restoring desktop icons all the time but it doesn't work on Win7.

So I will try this your utility definitely.

This week it was mentioned also on Czech main technical site which is one of the most accessed sites here:

http://www.zive.cz/

http://www.zive.cz/clanky/svet-na-plose-...ou-aplikacich/sc-3-a-159626/de

You can look at it in English trough online Google translator :-)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl...plikacich%2Fsc-3-a-159626%2Fde

:D

EDIT: It's mentioned there no matter of missing Czech translation so it's great success!

Edited by Zedna

Glad it comes in handy!... and nice to know it hit the czech market too :oops:. What really peaked my website's traffic was this article on lifehacker.com and this article on techline.hu, so even the bigger sites mostly only do copy&paste :D...

It is working properly!

Thanks for sharing it!

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Once again, thanks for sharing! :D

TheSaints' Robust Chat

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox

userbar.png

2011-Nov-27, Changelog 3.3 > 3.4

• Win7: Admin rights for Desktop Contextmenu integration no longer needed
Source and Executable are available at

http://www.funk.eu

Best Regards

2012-Jan-11, Changelog 3.4 > 3.5

• Tweak GUI
  • Changed Desktop file location detection
  • Speed-Up Start of ICU

Enjoy :) and Best Regards

Hello,

thank you for this great tool.

May I raise a RFC?

I downloaded your source and added a msgbox autolose option.

In the ICU.INI I added

[Settings]
Desktop_Contextmenu_Integration=0
MsgBox_AutoClose=2

The MsgBox_AutoClose is added to all MsgBox calls.

example:

MsgBox(16 + 262144, $sGUITitle & " - Error _Save_Locations_Desktop()", "Desktop Window Handle not found.",$MsgBox_AutoClose)

Does this make sense for you?I use the ICU in an unattended way. (maybe no msgbox at all also an option when started from commandline?)

Anyway, I spread already your tool and the word. And all of the users are happy, to get a weapon against the Funny-MS-occasional-time-desktop-Icon-rearrangements now.

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

Well, after exactly one year here's the latest update on ICU...

2013-Jan-11, Changelog 3.5 > 4.0

• Added new method for “Unkown Icon” handling: Top-Left|Bottom-Right|Custom Position|Ask per Icon|Off-Screen
  • "Custom Position" and "Ask per Icon" now work by selecting new position with mouse
  • Added new command line parameters (see “About” in program for details): restore, autosave, save, savereplace
  • Replaced several MsgBoxes with Tray Notifications
  • Added “Duplicate” config function
  • Enhanced config list right-click contextmenu with some functions

Edited by KaFu

#12 ·  Posted (edited)

2013-May-24, Changelog 4.0 > 5.0

• Improved Win8 compatibility (esp. Desktop Contextmenu Integration / DCI)
  • Added "minimized" command line switch (to start GUI minimized to tray / autostart with windows), see program "About" for details on command line switches
  • Added Tray Menu (esp. useful for Win XP) > see "minimized" switch. Also pressing ESC or minimizing the program will send ICU to the system tray now
  • Added "toggle" command line switch
  • Added "restore %resolution%" and "savereplace %resolution%" command line switches

Edited by KaFu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• k4rl3on
      [SOLVED] Function _ExplorerGetSelectedItems for items on Desktop
      By k4rl3on
      Hi,
      How can i make function _ExplorerGetSelectedItems get selecteds items on the Desktop?
      Func _ExplorerGetSelectedItems($sCabinetWClass="[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") Local $Ret = "" Local $aIndexes, $sSelected, $sSelected_Path Local $hSearch, $sCurrentFile $sSelected_Path = ControlGetText($sCabinetWClass, "", "Edit1") ConsoleWrite($sSelected_Path&@CRLF) $aIndexes = StringSplit(ControlListView($sCabinetWClass, "", "SysListView321", "GetSelected", 1), "|") If $aIndexes[0] = 1 And ($aIndexes[1] == "" Or $aIndexes[1] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) For $i = 1 To $aIndexes[0] $sSelected = ControlListView($sCabinetWClass, "", "SysListView321", "GetText", $aIndexes[$i]) $sCurrentFile = StringRegExpReplace($sSelected_Path, "\\+$", "") & "\" & $sSelected If Not FileExists($sCurrentFile) Then ;Search the extension for file... $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sCurrentFile & ".*") If $hSearch <> -1 Then $sSelected = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) FileClose($hSearch) EndIf EndIf ;Check if item is a directory If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sCurrentFile), "D") > 0 Then $sSelected = "*"&$sSelected $Ret = $Ret&$sSelected&Chr(10) Sleep(1) Next Return $Ret EndFunc  
    • Inpho
      Compile multiple .ico files into one .dll file
      By Inpho
      So after many weekends of battling with this I finally figured it; then I automated it.
      This script includes icon sushi (which is used to remove the 256 x 256 elements from each .ico) and RDG (to compile the icons into dll).
      I had to idiot proof this for when I inevitably forget how to do it. First GUI will ask you to choose a name (among other things) for your .dll file. Next GUI is a drag-and-drop box. Drag-and-drop your .ico files into the box and click Go. Error checking is minimal; it works fine for me but YRMV. I'm no master programmer at all but if this script can help you as much as it helped me then cool.
      Download:  ico2dll.Exe
      Known issues:
      .ico's containing any layers larger than 256 x 256 px will be ignored by icon sushi
      ico2dll only registers one drag-and-drop event so put all your required icons into one folder; then drag-and-drop them into ico2dll
      Extra info:
      Basically, the RC.exe that is included with Visual Studio doesn't seem to support 256 x 256 or larger icons when creating a resource-only .dll file. This script uses icon sushi to remove all 256 x 256 elements from your .ico files (if your icon file contains any layers larger than 256 x 256 then you will have to remove those manually through a program like gimp) before compiling them into the .dll.
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\ICONS\Capital18-Ethereal-2-Mimetypes-dll.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=ico2dll.Exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("trayicondebug", 1) $tmp = "C:\ico2dlltemp\" $tmprmv = "C:\ico2dlltemp\rmv\" If FileExists($tmp) Then DirRemove($tmp, 1) Sleep(100) DirCreate($tmprmv) Global $FileName, $ListViewIndexSel = -1, $PathAllExist, $RCFile, $vpath Global $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt, $dBox, $iData, $vdata2, $lang, $iData2 Global $TmpDir = @TempDir & "\ResDllGen" Global $TmpDirplusSlash = @TempDir & "\ResDllGen\" Global $Res_List, $Res_Name, $Res_Type, $Res_Path, $StrLenPath, $Bloc, $LangHex If FileExists($TmpDir) Then DirRemove($TmpDir, 1) If FileExists($TmpDirplusSlash) Then DirRemove($TmpDirplusSlash, 1) Sleep(100) DirCreate($TmpDirplusSlash) $rnd = Random(999, 99999, 1) DirCreate(@ScriptDir & "\tools\") DirCreate(@ScriptDir & "\Languages\") FileInstall("aicon.exe", @ScriptDir & "\aicon.exe") FileInstall("aicon.ini", @ScriptDir & "\aicon.ini") FileInstall("brushes", @ScriptDir & "\brushes") FileInstall("Languages\English.lng", @ScriptDir & "\Languages\English.lng") FileInstall("Languages\“ú–{Œê.lng", @ScriptDir & "\Languages\“ú–{Œê.lng") FileInstall("Languages\Default.lng", @ScriptDir & "\Languages\Default.lng") ;FileInstall("G:\autoo\resdll\generator\RDG.exe", @ScriptDir & "\RDG.exe") FileInstall("tools\cvtres.exe", @ScriptDir & "\tools\cvtres.exe") FileInstall("tools\DLLSZ.ico", @ScriptDir & "\tools\DLLSZ.ico") FileInstall("tools\link.exe", @ScriptDir & "\tools\link.exe") FileInstall("tools\mspdb50.dll", @ScriptDir & "\tools\mspdb50.dll") FileInstall("tools\rc.exe", @ScriptDir & "\tools\rc.exe") FileInstall("tools\RCdll.dll", @ScriptDir & "\tools\RCdll.dll") Const $SP = "#~#" Dim $Lang _SelectLanguage() $Res_Gui_2 = GUICreate($lang[22], 390, 470, -1, -1, -1) ; DLL Info $FileVersion_Title = GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[23] & " :", 110, 8, 171, 28) ; DLL Informations GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[24], 15, 60, 125, 20) ; Dll Filename GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_File_Name = GUICtrlCreateInput($lang[25], 175, 60, 140, 21) ; MyDll GUICtrlCreateLabel(".Dll", 318, 63, 30, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[26], 16, 92, 130, 20) ; File Version GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_Ver1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("01", 175, 92, 35, 21, BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_NUMBER)) $UpD1 = GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 99, 01) $Dll_Ver2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("00", 220, 92, 35, 21, BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_NUMBER)) $UpD2 = GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 99) $Dll_Ver3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("0000", 265, 92, 49, 21, BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_NUMBER)) $UpD3 = GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 9999) $Dll_Ver4 = GUICtrlCreateInput("0000", 325, 92, 49, 21, BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_NUMBER)) $UpD4 = GUICtrlCreateUpdown(-1) GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 9999) GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[27], 16, 127, 150, 20) ; Product Version GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_PVer1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("01,00,0000,0000", 175, 130, 90, 20) $Dll_PVer2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 265, 127, 110, 21) GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[28], 16, 165, 150, 20) ; Product Name GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_Prod_Name = GUICtrlCreateInput($lang[29], 175, 165, 200, 21) ; Name_Of_Your_Product GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[30], 16, 200, 150, 20) ; Compagny Name GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_Compagny = GUICtrlCreateInput($lang[31], 175, 200, 200, 21) ; Type_Your_Company GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[32], 16, 235, 150, 20) ; Legal Copyright GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_Copyright = GUICtrlCreateInput($lang[33], 175, 235, 200, 21) ; Copyright_(C)_2007-2008 GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[34], 16, 270, 150, 20) ; File Description GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_File_Desc = GUICtrlCreateInput($lang[35], 175, 270, 200, 21) ; Type_Your_Description GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[36], 16, 305, 150, 20) ; Language GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_Lang = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 175, 305, 90, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, $lang[37], $lang[38]) ; English|French ; English ; See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa381058%28VS.85%29.aspx for value. GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[39], 16, 340, 150, 20) ; File OS GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_OS = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 175, 340, 90, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, $lang[40], $lang[41]) ; 0x40004 ; 0x40004 GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlCreateLabel($lang[42], 16, 375, 150, 20) ; File Type GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $Dll_File_Type = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 175, 375, 90, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetData(-1, $lang[43], $lang[44]) ; 0x2 ; 0x2 GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $Btn_OK2 = GUICtrlCreateButton($lang[45], 160, 432, 75, 25) ; OK GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Res_Gui_2) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $Btn_OK2 If GUICtrlRead($Dll_File_Name) = $lang[25] Then ; MyDll MsgBox(32 + 8192, $lang[53], $lang[54] & @TAB) ; Dll File Name ; Please, Enter The Name Of Your Dll GUICtrlSetState($Dll_File_Name, $GUI_FOCUS) Else GUICtrlSetData($Dll_File_Name, StringReplace(GUICtrlRead($Dll_File_Name), " ", "_")) SetDllData() GUIDelete($Res_Gui_2) AddIcons() EndIf Case $UpD1, $UpD2, $UpD3, $UpD4 _UpdateVerNum() Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN _UpdateVerNum() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE TraySetState(2) Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func AddIcons() Global $__aGUIDropFiles = 0, $aDrop_List = 0 Global $txtInput = "Drag and drop your .ico files here" $mGUI = GUICreate("ico2dll", 900, 400, -1, -1, "", $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) $dBox = GUICtrlCreateEdit($txtInput, 10, 10, 874, 300) GUICtrlSetState($dBox, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) $gBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go", 10, 320, 75, 25) $eBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 810, 320, 75, 25) GUISetState() GUIRegisterMsg($WM_DROPFILES, 'On_WM_DROPFILES') While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE TraySetState(2) DirRemove($tmp, 1) Exit Case $eBut TraySetState(2) DirRemove($tmp, 1) Exit Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED GUICtrlSetData($dBox, "") For $i = 1 To $aDrop_List[0] $old = GUICtrlRead($dBox) $new = $old & $aDrop_List[$i] & @CRLF GUICtrlSetData($dBox, $new) Next Case $gBut $check = GUICtrlRead($dBox) If $check = $txtInput Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "You must drag-and-drop some .ico files into the box") ContinueLoop Else $iData = StringSplit($check, @LF) EndIf GUIDelete($mGUI) _MouseTrap(0, 0, 1, 1) CopyTemp() Rmv256() GenDll() _MouseTrap() EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>AddIcons Func Rmv256() DirCreate($tmprmv) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\aicon.ini", "Option", "ListViewMode", "0") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\aicon.ini", "Option", "InitialDir", "C:\ico2dlltemp") Global $PID2 = "" $last = "placeholder" $Amow = 100 $hWnd2 = "" $aPID = Run(@ScriptDir & "\aicon.exe") WinWaitActive("@icon sushi", "", 10) $theWinlist = WinList() Do For $i = 1 To $theWinlist[0][0] If $theWinlist[$i][0] <> "" Then $iPID2 = WinGetProcess($theWinlist[$i][1]) If $iPID2 = $aPID Then $hWnd2 = $theWinlist[$i][1] ExitLoop EndIf EndIf Next Until $hWnd2 <> 0 Sleep(1000) Send("{ALT}FO") WinWaitActive("Open Source File(s)", "", 10) Sleep(200) ControlClick("Open Source File(s)", "", 1) Sleep(200) Send("^a{ENTER}") Sleep(200) Do Sleep(200) If WinExists("@icon sushi", "is not a supported file") Then Sleep(200) Send("{ENTER}") EndIf $treeCtrl = ControlGetHandle($hWnd2, "", "[CLASS:TListView; INSTANCE:1]") ControlClick($hWnd2, "", $treeCtrl, "", "", 34, 29) $textCtrl = ControlGetHandle($hWnd2, "", "[CLASS:TPanel; INSTANCE:3]") Until ControlGetText($hWnd2, "", $textCtrl) <> "" Sleep(200) While 1 $textSrch = ControlGetText($hWnd2, "", $textCtrl) If $textSrch = $last Then ExitLoop If StringInStr($textSrch, "256 x 256") Then Send("{ALT}L") Sleep(30) Send("D") Sleep(30) Send("D{ENTER}") Else Send("{DOWN}") EndIf $last = $textSrch WEnd Sleep(200) Send("{ALT}LA") Sleep(200) Send("{ALT}TG") WinWaitActive("Browse for Folder", "", 10) $hnd = WinGetHandle("Browse for Folder") ControlClick($hnd, "", 14145) Sleep(100) Send("ico2dlltemp") Sleep(100) Send("{RIGHT}") Sleep(100) Send("{RIGHT}") Sleep(100) Send("{ENTER}") WinClose($hWnd2) WinWaitClose($hWnd2) EndFunc ;==>Rmv256 Func GenDll() If _GenerateRC() Then $SName = $Dll_File_Name FileInstall("./Tools/cvtres.exe", $TmpDir & "\", 1) FileInstall("./Tools/link.exe", $TmpDir & "\", 1) FileInstall("./Tools/mspdb50.dll", $TmpDir & "\", 1) FileInstall("./Tools/RC.exe", $TmpDir & "\", 1) FileInstall("./Tools/RCdll.dll", $TmpDir & "\", 1) $i = 1 $IdxCount = $vdata2[0] - 2 For $i = 0 To $IdxCount $RC_Res_FilePath = $vdata2[$i + 1] FileCopy($RC_Res_FilePath, $TmpDir & "\", 9) Next RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'rc /r ' & $SName & '.rc', $TmpDir, @SW_HIDE) RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'link /nodefaultlib /dll /machine:ix86 /noentry /out:' & _ $SName & '.dll ' & $SName & '.res', $TmpDir, @SW_HIDE) If FileExists($TmpDir & "\" & $SName & ".dll") Then FileCopy($TmpDir & "\" & $SName & ".dll", "C:\" & $SName & "-" & $rnd & ".dll", 1) MsgBox(0, "Success", "File created successfuly at:" & @CRLF & "C:\" & $SName & "-" & $rnd & ".dll") DirRemove($tmp) DirRemove($TmpDir) Exit Else MsgBox(16 + 8192, $lang[51], $lang[52] & @TAB) ; Error ; Error Creating Dll File Exit EndIf ;ShellExecute($TmpDir) EndIf EndFunc ;==>GenDll Func CopyTemp() $i = 1 For $i = 1 To $iData[0] - 1 $iData2 = StringReplace($iData[$i], @CR, "") FileCopy($iData2, $tmp & $i & ".ico", 9) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Failed", "Unknown error. Sorry.") Exit EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>CopyTemp Func _CleanInput() _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($Res_List, $ListViewIndexSel, False) $ListViewIndexSel = "" GUICtrlSetData($Res_Name, "") GUICtrlSetData($Res_Type, "ICON") GUICtrlSetData($Res_Path, "") EndFunc ;==>_CleanInput Func _PathLen($PathIn) If StringLen($PathIn) > $StrLenPath Then $StrLenPath = StringLen($PathIn) + 10 GUICtrlSendMsg($Res_List, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, $StrLenPath * 5) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_PathLen Func _UpdateVerNum() GUICtrlSetData($Dll_Ver1, StringFormat("%002s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver1))) GUICtrlSetData($Dll_Ver2, StringFormat("%002s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver2))) GUICtrlSetData($Dll_Ver3, StringFormat("%004s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver3))) GUICtrlSetData($Dll_Ver4, StringFormat("%004s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver4))) GUICtrlSetData($Dll_PVer1, StringFormat("%002s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver1)) & "," & _ StringFormat("%002s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver2)) & "," & _ StringFormat("%004s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver3)) & "," & _ StringFormat("%004s", GUICtrlRead($Dll_Ver4))) EndFunc ;==>_UpdateVerNum Func _GenerateRC() $vdata2 = _FileListToArray($tmprmv) $i = 1 For $i = 1 To $vdata2[0] FileCopy($tmprmv & $vdata2[$i], $TmpDir & "\" & $i & ".ico", 9) Next $vdata2 = _FileListToArray($tmprmv) $IdxCount = $vdata2[0] $i = 1 If $IdxCount > 0 Then $RCFile = $TmpDir & "\" & $Dll_File_Name & ".rc" $hRCOut = FileOpen($RCFile, 1) If $hRCOut = -1 Then Return 0 $RC_Res_Type = "ICON" For $i = 1 To $IdxCount FileCopy($tmprmv & $vdata2[$i], $TmpDir & "\" & $i & ".ico", 9) $RC_Res_Name = $i $RC_Res_FilePath = $TmpDir & "\" & $i & ".ico" _PathSplit($RC_Res_FilePath, $szDrive, $szDir, $szFName, $szExt) $RC_Res_File = $szFName & $szExt FileWriteLine($RCFile, $RC_Res_Name & @TAB & $RC_Res_Type & @TAB & '"' & $RC_Res_File & '"') Next FileWriteLine($RCFile, @CRLF & '1 VERSIONINFO' & @CRLF & _ 'FILEVERSION ' & $Dll_PVer1 & @CRLF & _ 'PRODUCTVERSION ' & $Dll_PVer1 & @CRLF & _ 'FILEOS ' & $Dll_OS & @CRLF & _ 'FILETYPE ' & $Dll_File_Type & @CRLF & _ '{' & @CRLF & 'BLOCK "StringFileInfo"' & @CRLF & '{' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & 'BLOCK "' & $Bloc & '"' & @CRLF & @TAB & '{' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "CompanyName", "' & $Dll_Compagny & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "FileDescription", "' & $Dll_File_Desc & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "FileVersion", "' & $Dll_PVer1 & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "InternalName", "' & $Dll_File_Name & '.dll"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "LegalCopyright", "' & $Dll_Copyright & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "OriginalFilename", "' & $Dll_File_Name & '.dll"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "ProductName", "' & $Dll_Prod_Name & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "ProductVersion", "' & $Dll_PVer1 & " " & $Dll_PVer2 & '"' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & @TAB & 'VALUE "Comments", ""' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & '}' & @CRLF & '}' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'BLOCK "VarFileInfo"' & @CRLF & '{' & @CRLF & _ @TAB & 'VALUE "Translation", ' & $LangHex & @CRLF & '}' & @CRLF & '}') FileClose($hRCOut) Return 1 Else Return 0 EndIf EndFunc ;==>_GenerateRC Func On_WM_DROPFILES($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) ; Credit to ProgAndy for DLL calls #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $lParam Local $iSize, $pFileName ; Get number of files dropped Local $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", 0xFFFFFFFF, "ptr", 0, "int", 0) ; Reset array to correct size Global $aDrop_List[$aRet[0] + 1] = [$aRet[0]] ; And add item names For $i = 0 To $aRet[0] - 1 $aRet = DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", $i, "ptr", 0, "int", 0) $iSize = $aRet[0] + 1 $pFileName = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & $iSize & "]") DllCall("shell32.dll", "int", "DragQueryFileW", "hwnd", $wParam, "int", $i, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($pFileName), "int", $iSize) $aDrop_List[$i + 1] = DllStructGetData($pFileName, 1) $pFileName = 0 Next ; Send the count to trigger the drop function in the main loop GUICtrlSendToDummy($dBox, $aDrop_List[0]) EndFunc ;==>On_WM_DROPFILES Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) ;#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo $hWndListView = $Res_List If Not IsHWnd($Res_List) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($Res_List) $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Switch $hWndFrom Case $hWndListView Switch $iCode Case $NM_DBLCLK ; Sent by a list-view control when the user double-clicks an item with the left mouse button $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $ilParam) $ListViewIndexSel = DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index") GUICtrlSetData($Res_Name, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWndListView, $ListViewIndexSel, 0)) GUICtrlSetData($Res_Type, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWndListView, $ListViewIndexSel, 1)) GUICtrlSetData($Res_Path, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWndListView, $ListViewIndexSel, 2)) EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY Func SetDllData() Switch GUICtrlRead($Dll_Lang) Case 'French' Or 'Francais' $Bloc = '040C04B0' $LangHex = '0x040C 0x04B0' Case Else ; 'English' Or 'Anglais' $Bloc = '040904B0' $LangHex = '0x0409 0x04B0' EndSwitch $Dll_File_Name = StringReplace(GUICtrlRead($Dll_File_Name), " ", "_") $Dll_PVer1 = GUICtrlRead($Dll_PVer1) $Dll_PVer2 = GUICtrlRead($Dll_PVer2) $Dll_OS = GUICtrlRead($Dll_OS) $Dll_File_Type = GUICtrlRead($Dll_File_Type) $Dll_Compagny = GUICtrlRead($Dll_Compagny) $Dll_File_Desc = GUICtrlRead($Dll_File_Desc) $Dll_Copyright = GUICtrlRead($Dll_Copyright) $Dll_Prod_Name = GUICtrlRead($Dll_Prod_Name) EndFunc ;==>SetDllData ; Function to select language. Func _SelectLanguage() If StringInStr("040c,080c,0c0c,100c,140c,180c", @OSLang) Then RDG_FR() ; French Language Else RDG_EN() ; English Language EndIf $Lang = StringSplit($Lang, $SP, 1) EndFunc ; English Language. Func RDG_EN() $Lang = "Resource DLL Generator" & $SP $Lang &= "Resource Name" & $SP $Lang &= "Type Name Without Space (Max len 10)" & $SP $Lang &= "Resource Type" & $SP $Lang &= "Choose Resource Type" & $SP $Lang &= "Resource Path" & $SP $Lang &= "Select File First" & $SP $Lang &= "Path Of The Resource File" & $SP $Lang &= "Select Path Of The Resource File First" & $SP $Lang &= "Delete Resource" & $SP $Lang &= "Delete Selected Resource" & $SP $Lang &= "Add Resource" & $SP $Lang &= "Add or Update Resource" & $SP $Lang &= " Name | Type | Path " & $SP $Lang &= "Clic Twice To Edit An Item" & $SP $Lang &= "Exit" & $SP $Lang &= "Exit Program" & $SP $Lang &= "Dll Informations" & $SP $Lang &= "Chose Dll Informations" & $SP $Lang &= "Generate Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Generate The Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "DLL Info" & $SP $Lang &= "DLL Informations" & $SP $Lang &= "Dll Filename" & $SP $Lang &= "MyDll" & $SP $Lang &= "File Version" & $SP $Lang &= "Product Version" & $SP $Lang &= "Product Name" & $SP $Lang &= "Name_Of_Your_Product" & $SP $Lang &= "Compagny Name" & $SP $Lang &= "Type_Your_Compagny" & $SP $Lang &= "Legal Copyright" & $SP $Lang &= "Copyright_(C)_2007-2008" & $SP $Lang &= "File Description" & $SP $Lang &= "Type_Your_Description" & $SP $Lang &= "Language" & $SP $Lang &= "English|French" & $SP $Lang &= "English" & $SP $Lang &= "File OS" & $SP $Lang &= "0x40004" & $SP $Lang &= "0x40004" & $SP $Lang &= "File Type" & $SP $Lang &= "0x2" & $SP $Lang &= "0x2" & $SP $Lang &= "OK" & $SP $Lang &= "Select file to add In DLL" & $SP $Lang &= "All" & $SP $Lang &= "Select The Destination Of Dll File" & $SP $Lang &= "Succes" & $SP $Lang &= "Dll successfully saved on" & $SP $Lang &= "Error" & $SP $Lang &= "Error Creating Dll File" & $SP $Lang &= "Dll File Name" & $SP $Lang &= "Please, Enter The Name Of Your Dll" EndFunc ; French Language. Func RDG_FR() $Lang = "Ressource DLL Generator" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom de la ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Tapez le nom sans espace (Max 10 caractères)" & $SP $Lang &= "Type de la ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Choisissez un type de ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Chemin de la ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Choisir d'abord le fichier de ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Chemin du fichier de ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Sélectionnez le fichier de ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Supprime ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Supprime la ressource sélectionnée." & $SP $Lang &= "Ajoute ressource" & $SP $Lang &= "Ajoute ou met à jour la ressource." & $SP $Lang &= " Nom | Type | Chemin " & $SP $Lang &= "Cliquez deux fois pour éditer une ressource." & $SP $Lang &= "Sortie" & $SP $Lang &= "Sortie du programme." & $SP $Lang &= "Informations Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Règlez les information de la Dll." & $SP $Lang &= "Générer la Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Générez la Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Info DLL" & $SP $Lang &= "Informations DLL" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom de la Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "MaDll" & $SP $Lang &= "Version du fichier" & $SP $Lang &= "Version du produit" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom du produit" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom_de_votre_produit" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom de la société" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom_de_votre_société" & $SP $Lang &= "Copyright légale" & $SP $Lang &= "Copyright_(C)_2007-2008" & $SP $Lang &= "Description du fichier" & $SP $Lang &= "Entrez_votre_description" & $SP $Lang &= "Langue" & $SP $Lang &= "Anglais|Français" & $SP $Lang &= "Français" & $SP $Lang &= "Système de fichiers" & $SP $Lang &= "0x40004" & $SP $Lang &= "0x40004" & $SP $Lang &= "Type de fichiers" & $SP $Lang &= "0x2" & $SP $Lang &= "0x2" & $SP $Lang &= "OK" & $SP $Lang &= "Sélectionnez le fichier à ajouter à la DLL" & $SP $Lang &= "Tout Fichier" & $SP $Lang &= "Sélectionnez la destination de la Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Succés" & $SP $Lang &= "Dll sauvegardée avec succés sur" & $SP $Lang &= "Erreur" & $SP $Lang &= "Erreur lors de la création de la Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Nom du fichier Dll" & $SP $Lang &= "Veuillez entrer le nom de la Dll" EndFunc  
      ico2dll.Exe
    • ozmike
      Windows 10 - Project (C)entennial apps will it work for auto IT?
      By ozmike
      Hey could be interesting to the AutoIt devs out there 
      Will win32  apps (autoit apps)  work in the new windows 10 store? 
      Early days yet won't be in the initial win 10 release...

Note  win32 apps are now called many things
      - desktop apps
      - CWA ( Classic Windows Apps - not country womens ..assoc. ) 
      - Project C(entenial) apps 
      These apps will not be sandboxed but NOT be allowed to run as admin , all files will be sandboxed installation handled through the store..

blog link
      How does this affect autoit - ?
      FYI
       following as not supported in Project C apps:
      “Windows NT Services”, “Things running in the kernel” (device drivers) “System Level Software” (anything not running in the user context) “Elevation”, meaning anything that causes a standard user to get a UAC prompt “will be blocked”. Using parts of other apps in your app, at least in version 1. John indicated that they would like to support extensibility and plug-ins, just probably not initially. The implication was that this might be a direct UWA thing and not specific to Project C, but we can’t be sure.
       following as supported in Project C apps:
      “COM” “WMI” “Networking” “Anything else a standard app does that isn’t in the system space”. I am guessing that there are a lot of other things that might end up in the ‘not supported’ list that you might have thought falls under the last item in the supported list but turns out is not supported, but we just don’t know yet:
      WMI Providers Windows Timed and Triggered Events (but they can write new UWA background triggers) Custom ETW Providers COM localsystem (out of process) running as the system to avoid UAC prompts Maybe DCOM Software Clients, Application Capabilities Shell Extensions, Browser Helper Objects, and the like  
      FYI
    • RTFC
      Second Desktop - secure workspace with kiosk option
      By RTFC
      Two tiny, simple scripts (secondDesktop & desktopSwitch) that elaborate (slightly) on _WinAPI_CreateDesktop() to create a second workspace with some interesting features:
      Startup: define any number of programmes to be auto-started on the second desktop, hard-coded (by you, in desktopSwitch.au3) or parsed as parameters (from secondDesktop.au3); Full desktop mode: provides acccess to all your desktop shortcuts, start menu (Win7), taskbar, plus a one-button switch in both desktops; Kiosk mode: provides an empty workspace where only your designated startup entries will run; Switch button/GUI is absent; an unadvertised hotkey provides switching to the original desktop (Ctrl-Alt-Del still works, but a task manager started on the second desktop will appear on the original desktop). To enable kiosk mode, set flag $kioskmode=True in secondDesktop.au3; Security: software keyloggers running in your regular environment cannot capture keystrokes on the second desktop, and windows messages cannot be sent between desktops, so your apps won't be hijacked easily through remote control. (NB not extensively tested; use at your own risk!) In full desktop mode, the (red or green) background colour of the Switch GUI shows you whether you are on the exposed or secure desktop. I SecondDesktop.v0.8.7z (first beta release)
      Important: you'll need to compile desktopSwitch before running secondDesktop. You can test your edited version of desktopSwitch.au3 "dry," as a script on your regular desktop first, by setting its internal flag $testing=True; but don't forget to reset that flag again before compiling.
    • BlazerV60
      Hiding icons/toolbar in an explorer window
      By BlazerV60
      Hello everyone!
      I'm working on a GUI that has 2 explorer windows embedded inside of it.
      Eventually I'm going to put 4 explorer windows inside of the GUI since it's convenient to have 1 program opened with 4 explorer windows embedded inside it, than having 4 seperate explorer windows opened.
      Anyway, I ran into some space problems. I'm trying to remove the icons/toolbar that appears on top of the explorer windows since they take up so much space. Here's a pic of what I mean:

Here's my code:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Constants.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) Global $hMigration, $hExplHolder, $hExplorer, $hExplorer2, $sStartDir = "C:\" Global $iWidth = 800, $iHeight = 400 ;Create the Explorer GUI $hExplHolder = GUICreate("Explorer", $iWidth, $iHeight, Default, Default) Run('explorer.exe /n, "' & $sStartDir & '"') WinWait("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") ;Wait until the window appears WinSetState("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]","",@SW_HIDE) WinMove($hExplorer, "", 0, 0, 400, 400) $hExplorer = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") Run('explorer.exe /n, "' & $sStartDir & '"') WinWait("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") ;Wait until the window appears WinSetState("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]","",@SW_HIDE) WinMove($hExplorer2, "", 400, 0, 400, 400) $hExplorer2 = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") ;WinSetState($hExplorer, "", @SW_HIDE) ;WinMove($hExplorer, "", 0, 0, 400, 400) ;WinSetState($hExplorer2, "", @SW_HIDE) ;WinMove($hExplorer2, "", 400, 0, 400, 400) _WinAPI_SetParent($hExplorer, $hExplHolder) ;Puts the explorer window inside the GUI _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hExplorer, $GWL_STYLE, -1064828928) ;Minuses the x button in the windows explorer (I think?) _WinAPI_SetParent($hExplorer2, $hExplHolder) ;Puts the explorer window inside the GUI _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hExplorer2, $GWL_STYLE, -1064828928) ;Minuses the x button in the windows explorer (I think?) ControlListView($hExplorer, "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "ViewChange", "list") ControlListView($hExplorer2, "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "ViewChange", "list") $hList = GUICtrlCreateListView ("File", $iWidth + 4, 4, 292, 200, 0x0003 + 0x0008 + 0x0004) GUICtrlSetState (-1, 8) WinSetState($hExplorer, "", @SW_SHOW) WinSetState($hExplorer2, "", @SW_SHOW) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hExplHolder) While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $msg Case -3 Exit Case -13 GUICtrlCreateListViewItem (@GUI_DRAGFILE, $hList) EndSwitch WEnd How can I remove those top icons/toolbar so that there's more room for the file listing?
      Edit: Extra props to whoever can make it so that the 2 explorer windows not do the brief flash before it disappears into the GUI.
      Thanks,
      Brian