_IEAction problem

Damein

I currently have a IEAction for Back and Forward in my embedded IE. Now these commands work fine if I have been to other sites. But if I just execute the script and then try clicking one, I get a crash because it cannot execute the command.

I am using GuiOnEventMode which seems to be causing the actual crash. In the example they just use a regular GuiGetMsg and case selections. Which doesn't crash, just sends errors to the console. Is there a way around this?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

What version if IE do you use?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Post your code, this should be the first thing you do, then add your problem description to your post. Without your code it's all guessing. I don't see why this simple thing is so difficult to grasp for people.

No code, no idea WTF your problem is.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I currently have 7 installed.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
Global $EmbedIE, $CurrentGui
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
_CreateGui()
Func _CreateGui()
$CurrentGui = 1
; Create Gui and event handler for close
$Gui = GuiCreate("Gui", 1000, 800)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Closed")
; End creatation of Gui
; Embed IE
$EmbedIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($EmbedIE, 10, 30, 980, 700)
_IENavigate ($EmbedIE, "http://www.google.com")
; End embedding IE
; Create back button to navigate backwards in IE
$BackButton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("< Back", 10,5,80,20)
GuiCtrlSetOnEvent($BackButton, "_IEBack")
; End creation of back button
; Create forward button to navigate forwards in IE
$ForwardButton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Forward >", 100,5,80,20)
GuiCtrlSetOnEvent($ForwardButton, "_IEForward")
; End creation of forward button
; Create home button to navigate to the home page in IE
$HomeButton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("^ Home", 190,5,80,20)
GuiCtrlSetOnEvent($HomeButton, "_IEHome")
; End creation of home button
GuiSetState()
EndFunc

Func _IEBack()
$Back = _IEAction ($EmbedIE, "back")
EndFunc
Func _IEForward()
_IEAction ($EmbedIE, "forward")
EndFunc
Func _IEHome()
_IENavigate ($EmbedIE, "http://www.youtube.com")
EndFunc
Func _Closed()
If $CurrentGui = 1 Then
  Exit
EndIf
EndFunc
While 1
Sleep(10)
WEnd

And @ BrewManNH

I generally do if I have something I think requires it. But I assumed that it was a general question that did not require a code.

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

I run IE9 and your script crashes here too if there is no previous or next page available.

I think you need a COM error handler to cope with this error.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Never messed with them before, got a link I can study up on or a basic script that I can look at would be better.

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Please check the example in the help file for _IECreateEmbedded. It does exactly what you want to do.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As I posted above I looked at that one. But using GuiOnEventMode it does not handle it the same way, it causes the crash. And since I can't use GuiGetMsg with GuiOnEventMode it won't work the same. That's why I asked for a work-around. Or am I missing something?

I found the COM help though.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Alright, using the COM error handle I was able to stop the script from crashing.

Thanks Water :D

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

I meant to insert the line

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()
at the top of your script.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

It appears by using _IEErrorHandlerRegister() that the example scripts are still erroring out, they're just catching the errors instead of crashing the script?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Correct. To make sure the error doesn't occur you would have to check the browser history.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ooooh, right. I remember seeing that now.

Sheesh, I feel like an idiot for passing that over.

And yes, Brew, that is right. It just catches them and allows the program to keep running instead of crashing.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

That's not called a crash. It's called raising an error condition that you have the option to trap for and handle appropriately.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble