ControlGetPos broken..?

Damein

So I was trying to use this function, and even the Help file code does not work?

Run("notepad.exe")
$pos = ControlGetPos("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "Edit1")
MsgBox(0, "Window Stats:", "POS: " & $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1] & " SIZE: " & $pos[2] & "," & $pos[3] )

Brings by a subscript error.

Any ideas?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Put a Sleep in between the Run command and the ControlGetPos line, it will error if Notepad isn't found, and it usually takes a little bit before the window exists.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi Damein.

Becuase the notepad isn`t open when the ControlGetPos() function is called, you can solve this with a WinWait call after you run notepad...

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")
MsgBox(0, "Window Stats:", "POS: " & $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1] & " SIZE: " & $pos[2] & "," & $pos[3] )

...Or add a error check to avoid the error

Run("notepad.exe")
If not @error then MsgBox(0, "Window Stats:", "POS: " & $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1] & " SIZE: " & $pos[2] & "," & $pos[3] )

This deppend of the future usage of your script.

I see, thanks. Maybe you could further help me with ControlGetPos.

I am trying to save roughly 12 buttons into an Array, and then at the close of the program save all of those buttons X,Y,Width and Height into an INI.

I was trying to do it like this

$Control[1] = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Test1", 10,20,30,40)
$Control[2] = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Test2", 50,60,70,80)

@ Exit Function

For $i = 1 To 2 Step +1
$ControlPos = ControlGetPos("Youtube Playlist Generator", "", $Control[$i])
MsgBox(0, "Test", $ControlPos[0] & @CRLF & $ControlPos[1] & @CRLF & $ControlPos[2] & @CRLF & $ControlPos[3])
Next

But this comes up with an error after the first MsgBox, saying there is no second control I assume? Not 100%, I'm not that great with arrays.

Alright, I found out why it isn't somewhat working. It's because Control[$i] isn't trying to reach an array, so changing

$Control[1] to $Control1 works.

But, not its only pulling the pos info for the first button, even when I have $Control[2] set to $Control2

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Look at this example and the Array wiki (which I believe you've been pointed to already)

Local $aControl[3] = [2] ; Number of items in the Array.
$aControl[1] = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test1", 10, 20, 30, 40)
$aControl[2] = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test2", 50, 60, 70, 80)

For $i = 1 To $aControl[0]
    $aControlPos = ControlGetPos("Youtube Playlist Generator", "", $aControl[$i])
    If Not @error Then
        MsgBox(0, "Test", $aControlPos[0] & @CRLF & $aControlPos[1] & @CRLF & $aControlPos[2] & @CRLF & $aControlPos[3])
    EndIf
Next

Edit: Also the example will be fixed in the next version.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018