[Solved] Hide words of a text

x001z

I want to hide words from a text loaded from a txt file or a word doc,... what i need to do is:

Show the first two words and hide the rest, wait a second and then hide this words and show the next two words, and so on.

Ex.

1.-This is an example text

2.-This is an example text

3.-This is an example text

4.-This is an example text

Does any body can point me to the right direction?

The file loaded could contain several pages, I was thinking to use a edit control but i don't find how to do this, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!.

Edited by x001z

:D An idea using edit control!

You could set the text colour to the background of the edit control. Then walk through the text by selecting the text you wish to be visible. I once did something similar to this, highlighting every word with a sleep delay, and the effect was most pleasing. It should also be possible to set the edit control background to the same colour as the highlight background which surrounds the selected text. This should make everything invisible (except the actual highlighted letters) including the.selection background (although I haven't actually tried it).

Edit1

I should have thought of this first. You may find using a Rich Edit control to be more suitable since there are more colour options, although you will have to experiment with that. The text selection method makes scrolling the text into view easier.

Edit2 Spelling

Edited by czardas

@Czardas thx for the idea that could work but there is no way to hide/unhide, change the color of a specific words?

If you use a richedit control you might find a solution.

hint: _GUICtrlRichEdit_*

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.