bump

jae

How do I get a static library dll ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a static library and a DLL (Dynamic link library) are contradictory. So, what are you looking for?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

a static library and a DLL (Dynamic link library) are contradictory. So, what are you looking for?

Cheers

Kurt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A version of the AutoitX3.lib file that can be used for statically linking to an executable or DLL, as oposed to the current AutoitX3.lib file which requires the AutoitX3.DLL file to be included. I do not need nor want COM support.

Is there source code for Autoit ? If so, then I would just compile it that way myself, but the C/C++ code page only has some source files for Zlib compression...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yes, no, maybe so?

I hear there are utilities out there that can convert a a dynamic lib into a static lib. I don't currently supply a static library version - primarily for branding/PR reasons I suppose. I may do in the future.

I hear there are utilities out there that can convert a a dynamic lib into a static lib.  I don't currently supply a static library version - primarily for branding/PR reasons I suppose.  I may do in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply. I have tried DLL2Lib but the resulting library does seem to work, and I really can't see if its even generating the library properly. I have the c++ source code for version 3, but it is an older release. Any chance of getting an updated source release?