[NEED HELP] How to change process name from program name to another?

HCJacob

The title may be misleading, here is what i would like to do.

I am making a program that i dont want to be very hard to close. I've already added detours on any exit button or $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE.

What i would like to do as well is make it uncloseable through the process manager or make the name of the process running my program from "myprogram.exe" to lets say "Winlogon.exe" so that it can't be closed.

Not quite sure how i would do this, i googled this and everything. Help would be GREATLY appreciated<3

Just so everyone understands this is not for malicious reasons, this is for a nyan cat program i am making...if you know nyan cat you know its highly annoying and no one in their right mind will listen to it for more than 2 minutes. So im making an annoying program which plays it and is hard to close etc etc.

Not a great request for a first post....

8)

You're telling me.

I've lurked over the forums for a couple months now, but have always found what i needed here on the forums just by googling the problem. I've intermediate skill level with AutoIt3. Not some ub3r l33t haxing skid who wants to make ub3r facebook hacks.

So im making an annoying program which plays it and is hard to close etc etc.

well if im not wrong nyan cat is a game?

you will not get any help for program that automate game on this forum, regardless of your intentions and regardless if your request indeed sound like something malicious.

read forum rules and stick to them

*reported

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

well if im not wrong nyan cat is a game?

you will not get any help for program that automate game on this forum, regardless of your intentions and regardless if your request indeed sound like something malicious.

read forum rules and stick to them

*reported

Well aren't you just the most arrogant unhelpful asshole around the forums?

Nyan Cat has been turned into a game but is originally this

http://nyan.cat/

So before any further speculation why dont you shut your trap and offer constructive comments only, okay? Thanks.

Just because your fag ass is flaming on me, im posting a quick snapshot of the program.

Well aren't you just the most arrogant unhelpful asshole around the forums?

No, i did help. I pointed you to read rules. if you think that something that's annoying like that cat you binded to your gui your trying to make that is hard to turn off isn't against forum rules you beret try to read them one more time.

But if you think that insulting will be will help you to get anything from other forum members, for all that i care don't stop insulting me.

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

No, i did help. I pointed you to read rules. if you think that something that's annoying like that cat you binded to your gui your trying to make that is hard to turn off isn't against forum rules you beret try to read them one more time.

But if you think that insulting will be will help you to get anything from other forum members, for all that i care don't stop insulting me.

you are clearly not understand what i am trying to get help for...there is no binding being done, there is no viral activity, no game macroing, nothing of that sort.

I just need the process hidden or changed from filename.

i understand you but you don't understand me, search on google with

site:autoitscript.com hide process

and count down how many topics are closed-banned for persisting on question for hiding or sciprt thats hard to close even for 'its a joke to my friend' reason. and you're trying to connect it with something that you self called "highly annoying"

Edited by bogQ

There are no legitimate uses for an autoit script that prevents users from closing it or hides the process.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

I've found many topics on this you're right, but a couple a developer commented on and said there IS a way but he won't release it unless there is a legimate, no malicious reason behind.

why dont you two leave this thread to the people you want to help and not bash a thread.

in fact, i did some re-googling and found it here. "Jos" said there is a way and only under legitimate reasons.

Edited by HCJacob

I don't really want to ban you more than once so I'm just going to skip straight to the part where I permanently block you. The subject you wish to discuss is not welcome here. This has been pointed out already by a user who's been here over 4 years. Your response to that user is beyond acceptable.

For anybody else reading this thread now or in a few months/years I will offer this: There are no legitimate uses for hiding a process from the task manager. All uses are malicious and naive attempts to mask something other programs can still see. For any legitimate situation where you need to render a process "uncloseable" use an appropriate security feature provided by the operating system to achieve it.