Running in Background

• Moderators

Is it possible to have internet explorer to run in the background so they can't see it and get some text from a site?

:evil:

Thanks! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Run() put @SW_HIDE? And then ControlGetText? Dunno, what your trying to do really, looks fishy... but this is just a guess.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Dunno, what your trying to do really, looks fishy... but this is just a guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well all im really doing is its like inputbox you type in a website and it gets the text from the website they put in. :)

Not sure why anyone would need that but i might use it .:evil:

Witch Hunter Robin

Thanks!

Now i got another problem when i use controlgettext its just getting the title of the website not the actual text on the site do you know what thats not working?

Thanks again! :)

edit: also when i use wingettext it gets text but not the text im trying to get... any ideas?

:D

Thanks again again! :evil:

Edited by WHRobin566
Witch Hunter Robin

• Moderators

Thanks!

Now i got another problem when i use controlgettext its just getting the title of the website not the actual text on the site do you know what thats not working?

Thanks again! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you know the title, then try WinGetText() . I don't mess w/ browsers, so again I'm just guessing.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Eh yea i tryed wingettext but then i got the text of the address bar didn't get text i wanted still... any ideas?

Thanks!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried getting it out of the View Source?

Well how would you do that?

Have to open a view source on a hidden browser.

Then how do you take out all the fancy html stuff?

That be very hard.

Thanks tho! :mad:

Edit: I think its impossible to get text off a site without like 500 lines of codeing to view the source and remove all that html.

Err so much for my program.

:)

Wasted all that time trying to make it.

Edited by WHRobin566
Witch Hunter Robin

Have you submitted this in the Scripts and Scraps forum for review?

If you took all this time to create this I am sure someone would like to see how you completed your objective.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)