[Resolved] Voice Recognition?

Damein

I know that originally AutoIt steamed from AutoHotKey, and AutoHotKey has the ability to do Voice controlled functions/automation. I haven't/could not find any discussion on this so I decided to start one up. Is there a feature or any plans to put one in?

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

You are not making any sense.

They came from us, they are using our syntax and everything. If you mean scripts using SAPI like this one, then there's nothing to put in, it's just COM! Just convert the script or do a forum search, we lots of examples.

Interesting, I was always told that AutoIt3 was created because the creator of AutoHotKey announced he would no longer continue developing it, so they created AutoIt. Hence why AutoIt has the same syntax as AutoHotKey. I've never messed with COM, so I was not aware of that. I searched for forum but must of missed the "lots" of topics I guess.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Alright, I found the correct UDF. Thanks for letting me know :D

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Interesting, I was always told that AutoIt3 was created because the creator of AutoHotKey announced he would no longer continue developing it, so they created AutoIt. Hence why AutoIt has the same syntax as AutoHotKey.

Then you or the guy that told you so is either lying or too lazy to check simple facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoit#History

The developers of AutoIt originally released the source code under the GPL license but the practice was discontinued beginning with version 3.2.0 in August 2006. Some of the code from version 3.1 was used to create a fork by the AutoHotkey project, where now the community is continuing to develop the code as GPL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoHotkey#History

The first public beta of AutoHotkey was released on November 10, 2003 after author Chris Mallett's proposal to integrate hotkey support into AutoIt v2 failed to generate response from the AutoIt community. So the author began his own program from scratch basing the syntax on AutoIt v2 and using AutoIt v3 for some commands and the compiler. Later, AutoIt v3 switched from GPL to closed source because of "other projects repeatedly taking AutoIt code" and "setting themselves up as competitors."

Heck, (one of) the first thing you see when you open the AutoHotKey helpfile is

A special thanks to Jonathan Bennett, whose generosity in releasing AutoIt v2 as free software in 1999 served as an inspiration and time-saver for myself and many others worldwide. In addition, many of AutoHotkey's enhancements to the AutoIt v2 command set, as well as the Window Spy and the script compiler, were adapted directly from the AutoIt v3 source code. So thanks to Jon and the other AutoIt authors for those as well.

I think that proves it.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

It wasn't out of laziness I did not check into it, it was out of just hearing the comment at one point and taking it for face-value. I apologize if I hurt your feelings or something o_O;

Either way, this has been resolved :D

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made