HMW - Hide my Windows [Updated 2018-Sep-16]

KaFu

I have just checked... and it worked but not as expected! EVERY window on my desktop closed! (I have set HMW to kill every process when exiting)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Oh, I have just looked and saw that Boss Key's purpose is to hide all windows. I wanted boss key to make HMW exit and close all the hidden windows :P

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

1 minute ago, KaFu said:

You can change that behavior with the "On Exit" dropdown box.

I have set it to Close Processes (It works fine when I close HMW window by pressing the "X" button)

@KaFu Great, thanks! An update after two years! :D

I was actually very inspired by your program. I researched many months about a similar solution for linux, in the end I even decided to write my own tool... after many months of (trying to) learning a bunch of languages and failing, I finally made myself a similar tool which can hide windows using C.

It should work on any linux computer which uses the X display server, it is called mapmywindows and it is open source. I started working on it in March this year, but it was just a proof of concept until recently (a few days ago) I implemented full keyboard shortcut support and ability to  hide multiple windows. Quite a coincidence :)

Sorry for taking over your thread, I got excited. Thank you for the work and inspiring me :thumbsup:

P.S Also sorry for stealing the name... LOL :lol:

Edited by TheDcoder
fix

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@KaFu I have added your software at AlternativeTo as an alternative to some programs, please update the icon there and check other details to make sure that they are correct (I copy pasted them from your website) :)

...now I am going to add my software as an alternative to HMW :P