GUI Tabs Control

Entropy

Hi there!

In the GUI controls Demo () there is example of Tabs control.

But when i trying to add such control to my GUI, it looks flat and ugly. :D

I tried different combination of styles, but the only progress i achieved is $TCS_OWNERDRAWFIXED. But In this case i cant create any labels to my tabs.

Can any one help me with this?

P.S. Sorry for my english, and maybe noobie question. :oops:)

• Moderators

Entropy,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :oops:

Could you please post the code you used to produce the "flat and ugly" tabs - and perhaps a picture as well if possible. Then we can look into why you are getting this result. And what OS are you running? :D

If you are dissatisfied with the API tab controls (and you would not be alone!) you might like to look at funkey's OwnTab UDF. :rip:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Entropy,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :oops:

Could you please post the code you used to produce the "flat and ugly" tabs - and perhaps a picture as well if possible. Then we can look into why you are getting this result. And what OS are you running? :D

If you are dissatisfied with the API tab controls (and you would not be alone!) you might like to look at funkey's OwnTab UDF. :)

M23

Thanks, for reply. :rip:)

I mean that in Tab-demo (wich is in common AutoIt help) Tabs looks like this: http://yashied.narod2.ru/ProjectFiles/Miscellaneous/TabOverPic.png

I don't want any super-effects, just make them look like in pic that i posted before.

• Moderators

Entropy,

I believe that the differnce in style is the choice of the theme selected in Windows. The original picture looks like it was taken in XP while the later one is in Win7/Vista. :D

So you might have to play with your display settings to get what you want - all AutoIt does is tell the API to produce a tab control, Windows determines how it is displayed. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Entropy,

I believe that the differnce in style is the choice of the theme selected in Windows. The original picture looks like it was taken in XP while the later one is in Win7/Vista. :D

So you might have to play with your display settings to get what you want - all AutoIt does is tell the API to produce a tab control, Windows determines how it is displayed. :rip:

M23

Ok. Is there any way to force XP style? If i use $TCS_OWNERDRAWFIXED it looks that way, but i don't actually understand what that style do. Titles does not shows thats the only visible effect. :oops:))

• Moderators

Entropy,

Forcing XP style will affect all the GUIs on the machine - are you sure you want to do that? :D

If so, then search on the forum as there are many scripts to let you interact with the "Appearance Settings". :oops:

M23

Spoiler