Can AutiIt do what I want?

I have a simple requirement. I have only just learned of AutoIt and need to know if it can do the following or not. If it can, a few tips to get me started would be wonderful. If it can't please tell me now before I read all the documentation.

Requirement - this is all under Windows 7 64 bit.

1. I want to double click a shortcut. This will run an AutoIt script I have written.

2. It runs a program which is already installed.

3. If after a few (specified) seconds the program opens an additional window with a specified title, I want it to click in a particular place in that window (always the same place). Then invisibly exit.

4. If it doesn't - i.e. the extra window does not appear, then after say 15 seconds do nothing and invisibly end.

Many thanks.

PS So sorry, I incorrectly spelled AutoIt in the title and I can't see how to correct it!

Edited by Growltiger

well i cant see anything there that i havent heard of in the helpfile or the forums

have a look at Run, RunWait, ShellExecute, ShellExecuteWait for the running program part

If the window has a title you may be able to capture the details using the Autoit Window Tool

Have a good read of the helpfile most of what you need will be in there, knock something up then post again with your code when you get stuck

Good luck

additional commands for window title clicks and rest

3. and 4.

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
If WinWait('title','text',15) Then
    MouseClick()
    Exit
Else
    Exit
EndIf

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

That is very helpful, thanks.. I'm now reading quickly and learning.

I'm already a bit stuck...

How do I use MouseClick with a position relative to top left of that window?

(If this script is run on computers with different size screens, the window will appear in different places).

MouseInfo program only seems to give me absolute position, and MouseClick only seems to work on abosolute position?

• Moderators

Growltiger,

Look at Opt in the Help file and scroll down until you find "MouseCoordMode" - parameter 2 is what you are looking for. :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have a simple requirement. I have only just learned of AutoIt and need to know if it can do the following or not. If it can, a few tips to get me started would be wonderful. If it can't please tell me now before I read all the documentation.

PS So sorry, I incorrectly spelled AutoIt in the title and I can't see how to correct it!

Autoit is the best for such kind of tasks :-)

PS: You can edit title of your topic in full edit mode - edit first post and switch to full mode

Edited by Zedna

Brilliant - all working perfectly.

I used Opt('MouseCoordMode',0) ; relative coords to the active window

and it all works perfectly. It actually clicks twice in different windows.

It is fun watching it working.

Zedna: What is Melba?

It still won't let me correct the title of the thread. Perhaps I've left it too long.

I have one more question. It uses a command starting with:

Run("C:Program Files (x86)etc

which is correct on a 64 bit system. But on a 32 bit system the program is at:

Run("C:Program Filesetc

I can have two versions of the script but it would be very neat to program it to intelligently alter that string depending on the environment. Perhsp it could decide based on whether the folder C:Program Files (x86) exists?

Please can you give me some hints about how to do this.

Thanks again.

Zedna: What is Melba?

The user who posted in your topic. Search the text in this page for 'Melba23.'

Zedna was saying that Melba(23) was quicker at posting an answer.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The user who posted in your topic. Search the text in this page for 'Melba23.'

Zedna was saying that Melba(23) was quicker at posting an answer.

Ah... and I thought it was suggesting that Melba was a faster product than AutoIt! I looked up Melba and it seemed to be a Movie or toast!

Something like this if you compile your Script as x64 for x64 and x32 for x32.

ConsoleWrite(_ProgramFilesDir() & @LF)

Func _ProgramFilesDir()
    Local $sProgramFileDir
    Switch @OSArch
        Case "X64"
            $sProgramFileDir = EnvGet("PROGRAMFILES(X86)")
        Case "X86"
            $sProgramFileDir = EnvGet("PROGRAMFILES")
    EndSwitch
    Return $sProgramFileDir
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgramFilesDir
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Maybe @ProgramFilesDir macro will work.

That looks good, thanks. Now I just need to know how to:

1. Define a string variable.

2. Assign the ouput of the macro to the string variable.

3. Concatenate two strings within the Run command (or do I need to do that in a spearate statement.

Given I only heard of AutoIt a few hours ago this is going very quickly - thanks to your help...

but better

@ProgramFilesDir won't return C:Program Files (x86) if running a x64 build of your program :D. I was slow because I was searching my function folder.

Edit: Growltiger, your best bet is to start looking at the help file provided with AutoIt as those questions can easily be answered by searching the forum and looking at the examples in the help file. And you posted about 16 hours ago!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Something like this if you compile your Script as x64 for x64 and x32 for x32.

ConsoleWrite(_ProgramFilesDir() & @LF)

Func _ProgramFilesDir()
    Local $sProgramFileDir
    Switch @OSArch
        Case "X64"
        Case "X32"
    EndSwitch
    Return $sProgramFileDir
EndFunc   ;==>_ProgramFilesDir

Why do I need that function given the macro @ProgramFilesDir?

I was hoping to simply compile one version using x86 so it would run on both 32 and 64 bit.

@ProgramFilesDir won't return C:Program Files (x86) if running a x64 build of your program :D. I was slow cus I was searching my function folder.

Of course! So your function will do what I need. But I only want to have one complied version... otherwise I might as well hard code it into two separate scripts.

I was hoping to simply compile one version using x86 so it would run on both 32 and 64 bit.

OK, I presumed since you said that everything was running under Windows 7 x64 that you would compile as just that, a x64 build.

UDF List:

Of course! So your function will do what I need. But I only want to have one complied version... otherwise I might as well hard code it into two separate scripts.

If you compile as x32 then @ProgramFilesDir will return C:Program Files (x86) on a x64 machine, if you compile as x64 then use my function. Therefore just use the suggestion by JohnOne for now.

UDF List:

If you compile as x32 then @ProgramFilesDir will return C:Program Files (x86) on a x64 machine, if you compile as x64 then use my function. Therefore just use the suggestion by JohnOne for now.

I'm trying your function as it seems clearer what it should do. Won't it always work? Won't it return C:Program Files (x86) on a 64 bit machine regardless of whether it is compiled x86 or not? I've just tested it, and it gives the same result regardless...

Func _ProgramFilesDir()

Local $sProgramFileDir

Switch @OSArch

Case "X64"

Case "X32"

EndSwitch

Return $sProgramFileDir

EndFunc ;==>_ProgramFilesDir

MsgBox(0, "Test", _ProgramFilesDir() & "foldernameprogname.exe")

PS. How do you paste in the nice formatted colour version from the editor?

Edited by Growltiger