Improvements for StringRegExpGUI

trancexx

AutoIt's help file has a small tutorial about regular expressions. A part of it is script called StringRegExpGUI.au3.

Ticket #1900 suggests there are some problems with that script. Certain FichteFoll user made that ticket some time ago. Unfortunately user seems inactive.

This is what I'm asking. I need someone interested in dealing with the issues to review code from that ticket, see if anything else needs changing considering updated PCRE AutoIt currently uses.

Reasonable amount of time for the task is one week.

If there wouldn't be any takers request ticket will be closed as rejected. If after that StringRegExpGUI.au3 AutoIt ships with now wouldn't be correct (due to outdated or bad code) that script will be removed from the package.

So, basically what's needed is prominent coder (or a group, really doesn't matter) to fix that script and take responsibility for the changes.

Edited by trancexx
Sometimes I hate my keyboard

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Moderators

trancexx,

I would suggest removing the StringRegExpGUI.au3 script and - assuming he does not object - telling users about GEOSoft's PCRE Toolkit (the download link is in his sig). His version uses the latest SRE engine and is much more powerful than the existing script. :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I'd say to ditch the helpfile example as well. There's at least 2 other good alternatives, one which Melba mentions, and the other one which I use - Szhlopp's String Regular Expression Tester v2.1. The only issue with GEOSoft's toolkit is that it isn't portable.

It would be easy to make mine portable. It only means adding a check for a files existance and if it doesn't exist then FileInstall it to @ScriptDir. Then a few lines to add an option for the library storage location.

I wasn't even thinking about portability when I did it because most AutoIt users will have the required file anyway.

There may be an update out today or tomorrow anyway to re-write part of a change I made in the last release.

There is also a full rewrite in the works that will be done sometime in the next few months, complete with a new GUI and some conversion functions so if there are any special requests get them in as soon as possible so I can add them into the project diary in the ToDo list. Of course that doesn't mean you will get what you requested but at least I'll look at it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thanks for listing alternatives, however I have set clear bounds.

This means that Szhlopp's script is unacceptable because it misses responsibility mentioned in the first post. Code will not be taken as is, and then maintained in behalf.

I will have to see with Valik and Jon how do we stand with linking third party tools from the help file even if that third party is our GEOSoft. I would much rather not do it.

Additionally, I'm not interested in eye candy changes.

Valik likes to push buttons labeled "Commit" and "Release" on Saturdays. Saturday morning (CET) is deadline for this.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I'm using Mat's one here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105666

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Eh, I wish you would see how somewhat demanding was for me to write this post.

Do you have idea why is that? Any idea?

edit:

He runned away. LOL

Anyway the right answer was that my nail polish wasn't dry enough and I was typing on my cell phone's little keyboard.

Here's something for you UEZ.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Eh, I wish you would see how somewhat demanding was for me to write this post.

Do you have idea why is that? Any idea?

edit:

He runned away. LOL

Anyway the right answer was that my nail polish wasn't dry enough and I was typing on my cell phone's little keyboard.

Here's something for you UEZ.

Aha, nail polishing. I thought something different which I don't want to say here... :D

Thanks for the video :oops: . Sounds nice but I don't understand the spoken words...

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

If no one has any objections then I don't mind completing this task and committing it or is someone already working on the ticket?

Edit: I will leave it as the deadline is looming and as GEOSoft said perhaps it should be left to the third party addons.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I won't be touching it. Mainly because I'm not sure that it's something that needs to be included with AutoIt to begin with. It's really a situation for a third party add-on and doesn't need including with the AutoIt installer itself.

I'm also aware that there have been recent changes to the PCRE engine and more possibly in the offing so I may even have to make some changes in my own utility. That has yet to be determined.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 3 weeks later...