Need helping making or finding a vu meter

Hi guys, I need help with making a vu meter for the audio-out. I checked the forum threads, i even looked on google, and it either requires higher level of programming or not enough information was given.

I even looked into C++ ( I am NOT good at C++ at all) and it looks like it could get me somewhere but I really want to be able to get it on autoit.

Program Idea:

Go to a video website, play the video, DETECT IF ANY SOUND IS COMING OUT, if not, click on next video, else, activate full screen.

I saw something involving the mci from microsoft msdn, but it only involved audio-in.

I really just need the output, even a small little boolean would work. Just as long as I know there's either sound coming out or not.

Steer me in the right direction perhaps? I'm up for learning... just not so much though... =/

I dont know what a vu meter is.

Look

this is sort of what i'm looking for, except even though when i change my volume, it still says 100 (?)

A VU Meter is a volume unit meter. Technically, i should of phrased it as a volume monitor.

For example, on windows 7, every time you click on that speaker icon to see the volume, that green bar that keeps rising and lowering.

I want that output, but in numbers. So basically what i want is a sound monitor. Detect any sounds that are coming out, not in.

And UEZ, not the analog meters. I saw your other example though, it was able to open a audio file and play it with the visuals. I know you can do it. Is there any way to output the sound as numbers? WITHOUT opening a sound file and detecting it from the computer instead.

PS: I read around and it appears that i have to interact with the sound card? Couldn't the winmm.dll fetch the results?

Edited by 7121

Look at Visualizer_Analog Meter - Special.au3. It uses the microphone as input device but I discontinued the development long time ago.

It should be in the AiO package but I'm not sure.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

This might help - a simple code to get the numeric volume from MCI...

and, some more complicated on this page...

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward