"Class" Can we change the AutoIt v3 GUI?

• Moderators

Wanted to start a new thread on this, because the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

Out of curiousity, is their anyway to change the "Class" of a compiled Autoit Script to something unique?

This would make it much easier perform some of my tasks, just incase someone has an AutoIt v3 GUI. And include anonymity from sites looking for that specific "Class".

If it's suggested to Compile with another Compiler, can you refer me to a site that I can do this on?

But, obviously I would much rather just use the internal capabilities.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

"Bump" Anyone want to tell me to jump in the lake or no you can't or it's an 'ancient chinese secret' or something?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

No, you can't change the class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least "you" wasn't underlined and in bold print!! :)

Thanks Valik

No, you can't change the class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i just want to say that i disagree... there is no way in code to change the class that i know of, BUT it is possible to modify the executable with a hex editor to change the class without affecting any other portion of the compiled script. for more explanation on it, i'd suggest googling for 'reverse engineering windows applications' or something to that effect... i used to play around on a few challenge sites where doing things like that were common. one of those sites that may still be around is reversemes.de (not sure on the file extension) or you could go to hackergames.net and see a nice big list of challenge sites and just look for one with reversing tutorials... may be more than you're willing to do, but wanted to let you know that it is possible, although it may technically be frowned upon...

• 6 months later...

i just want to say that i disagree... there is no way in code to change the class that i know of, BUT it is possible to modify the executable with a hex editor to change the class without affecting any other portion of the compiled script. for more explanation on it, i'd suggest googling for 'reverse engineering windows applications' or something to that effect... i used to play around on a few challenge sites where doing things like that were common. one of those sites that may still be around is reversemes.de (not sure on the file extension) or you could go to hackergames.net and see a nice big list of challenge sites and just look for one with reversing tutorials... may be more than you're willing to do, but wanted to let you know that it is possible, although it may technically be frowned upon...

I dredged this up, more so in reply to the request for changing the gui window class, and less so to reply to this. The exe is upx compressed, uncompressing is easy, but even once uncompressed, the string for the class is not in the exe as plain text, or any other form of text that I could find, mainly perhaps because Autoit Still runs it as a script, not as a compiled gui or aplication would. Secondy, once uncompressed, it doesnt appear to be at least easily possible to recompress it back into a format that the exe understands, because some of the headers, and checksums and that were modified to allow Autoit to do it's ninja magic. :lmao:

Edited by Hayly