win7 - check for iPhone over bluetooth connectivity

Hi guys, looking to get some info on where to begin.

I hoping to make a program that will check say every 30 seconds, if my iPhone is paired with the computer. If not, it does nothing, if it is, it pops up a message box saying its connected.

the iPhone connects via bluetooth.

Ive read a lot of threads on here regarding bluetooth, and they all seem to use hypertrm and com ports. these threads are all dated 2007/2008, and as such as based around windows xp..

Im hoping to use this on windows 7.

can anyone give me some pointers, tips, etc on where to begin looking?

any help at all really would be great!

regards

mike.

I don't know at all but just to note that if you think that because the threads you have found use com ports then they aren't relevant then that is a mistake. Bluetooth was developed as a wireless serial port connection and uses virtual com ports on your PC whether it's XP or W7.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.