Is there any way to add the "Auto increment version"?

lgvlgv

would like to know if there is any variable like @version or something that contain the right version when i use "Auto increment version" when compileing the scripts..

if not, anyone have any tip how to make a workaround?

//Regards Lasse

Doesn't @AutoItVersion work? Or did you mean the original version number? Personally I haven't used the automatic increment version number feature with AutoItWrapper.

Edit: I got it wrong it's not @AutoItVersion, I meant this >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=Y

MsgBox(64, "FileGetVersion", StringRegExpReplace(FileGetVersion(@AutoItExe, "FileVersion"), "[s,]+", "."))
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Doesn't @AutoItVersion work? Or did you mean the original version number? Personally I haven't used the automatic increment version number feature with AutoItWrapper.

i mean version for ur scripts, when u compile u have the option to use auto increment to change the version number of ur compiled script. this variable i would like to have automatic and not by adding my own variable with the number every time i recompile the code.

do i make any sence? :D

You mean the compiler directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement?

Please check the SciTE help file.

In SciTE: Help -> SciTE Help -> Extra utilities -> AutoItWrapper

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I was about to post that too, but I presumed from lgvlgv's message that he was using that directive already.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Or do you want to access the version incremented by the compiler directive in your script?

If yes then you have to access the extended attributes of the exe file to get this information. There is an UDF available on this forum (sorry, don't have the time to search for).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Upon re-reading the initial post & title I believe they're not using #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement. I edited my previous example (#post 2).

UDF List:

Upon re-reading the initial post & title I believe they're not using #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement. I edited my previous example (#post 2).

Yes,Yes, im useing this :D

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.21

But how do i call on it? or get that value of "AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion" in my script..

The background is that i want to capture what version of the script it is and update a webserver so i easy can see what version the diffrent clients are useing.

the client is running hole time as a service and never stops (little like Logmein if u know that software)..

and i dont want to do like im doing right now and manually update a variable every time i change or correct the script..

Edited by lgvlgv

FileGetversion as proposed by Guinness does what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Or do you want to access the version incremented by the compiler directive in your script?

If yes then you have to access the extended attributes of the exe file to get this information. There is an UDF available on this forum (sorry, don't have the time to search for).

i will try to find that UDF, still think it should be some way to read "AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion" from inside the script or is it only me, that missunderstand some basic thing?

Im not a programmer so go easy on me :D

You don't need the UDF, the data you need can be accessed using AutoIt functions. Please check Guinness' solution as I proposed in my last post.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Edit: I got it wrong it's not @AutoItVersion, I meant this >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0

MsgBox(64, "FileGetVersion", StringRegExpReplace(FileGetVersion(@AutoItExe, "FileVersion"), "[s,]+", "."))

this dosent give me what i want only the version of autoit i want the version of my script

THIS --> #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.23

What i get is i guess the AUTOIT version "3.3.6.1"

Edited by lgvlgv

It should be possible. I'm going to post a script in a few minutes .....

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

#NoTrayIcon
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=logo.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=CH-Agent.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.23 ;  <----THIS IS WHAT I WANT
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=test
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
Opt('TrayMenuMode', 1) ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.
Opt('TrayAutoPause', 0) ; Script will not be paused when clicking the tray icon.
;Opt('TrayOnEventMode', 1) ; Enables event driven scripting
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0)

Try this:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.2.3.5

If @Compiled Then
    $sScript = @ScriptDir & "" & @ScriptName
    $sVersion = FileGetVersion($sScript, "FileVersion")
    MsgBox(64, "File Version", "File version of Script '" & $sScript & "' is: " & $sVersion)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "File Version", "This is not a compiled script!")
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Try this:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.2.3.5

If @Compiled Then
    $sScript = @ScriptDir & "" & @ScriptName
    $sVersion = FileGetVersion($sScript, "FileVersion")
    MsgBox(64, "File Version", "File version of Script '" & $sScript & "' is: " & $sVersion)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "File Version", "This is not a compiled script!")
EndIf

U guys are sooooo cooool :D

Thx alot it worked great, u make it look so simple :oops:

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki