Read text from a pop up form using Autoit

apptest

Hi,

I am new to autoit.

I am using autoit to control an application on the client.

I have autoit hosted on a client system, which is controlled by Python running on a server.

The application throws up a pop up message and I want to read from that form.

Is it possible to read text from a pop message using Autoit?

Thanks,

newbee.

Yes. How it is done depends on what you know about the popup (window title, window text ...).

Functions you might need are WinWait, WingetText etc.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...

I have a similar issue - one actually that appears in one of the tutorials on this site, although it's not discussed there.

As you can see in the screenshot (), the actual text of the popup ("Do you...") is not shown in the Window Info Tool. Is there still a way to get to this text? I'd be hard-pressed to believe that the standard popups in standard windows applications use such exotic controls that their contents cannot be gotten to...

But then again, I'm new to autoit too :oops:

Thanks!

Ruud