Random Trivia Game!

Damein

I needed something to take my mind off stuff so I decided to write this. It's just a quick little game, nothing fancy. It will randomly pull a question from an INI file and display the question. The same game will never get the same question, but once restarted it can come back up.

You can add an unlimited amount of players (Really there's only room on the array for 100, but I doubt anyone will ever get 100 people playing it :oops: ) You start with $ 1000 and before you get to see the question you are asked if you wish to ante up an amount. If you do not, by default a correct answer is worth $ 200 and vice versa for a wrong answer.

The INI only has ~100 questions atm, since I don't know of any databases with the format I am using I had to pull them from random places.

Let me know what you guys think and if you want to create some questions for me that would be awesome! I would love to get a HUGE database.

Here is the source

Trivia.au3

And here is the INI.

[Level1]
Red Square in Moscow is neither red nor square. What does the word 'red' refer to? = Beautiful, Stoney, Occupied, Stage : Beautiful
Where was Yul Brynner born? = Iceland, Russia, Tahiti, Madagascar : Russia
In which American state would you find the city of El Paso? = Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada : Texas
Where are demersal creatures located? = Trees, On the sea bed, Inside caves, Hot deserts : On the sea bed
My Indian name was Goyathlay which literally means 'One who Yawns'. Who am I? = Geronimo, Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Sir Cliff Richard : Geronimo
Name the rare tree or praying plants named by Mormons because of their upstretched arms. = Samson tree, Matthew Tree, Disciple tree, Joshua tree : Joshua Tree
The prestigious annual art award called The Turner Prize is named after whom? = Tina Turner, Ted Turner, Kathleen Turner, Joseph Mallord William Turner : Joseph Mallord William Turner
Times Square in New York was named in honour of which publication that moved its office there in 1904? = The News Of The World, TV Times, The Observer, New York Times : New York Times
Who said, "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in my bath and she'd come in and sink my boats"? = Peter Sellers, Sir Francis Chickester, Richard Branson, Woody Allen : Woody Allen
What was the first name of bumbling Inspector Clouseau played in the movies by both Peter Sellers and Steve Martin? = Henri, Phillipe, Claude, Jacques : Jacques
Who said, "A dolphin will jump out of the water for a piece of fish, imagine what he'd do for some chips"? = Ben Elton, Harry Hill, Billy Connolly, David Attenborough : Harry Hill
Mount Kosciusko is Australia's highest mountain. What was the nationality of the explorer who discovered this mountain? = Polish, French, Irish, Spanish : Polish
What is the country of Brazil said to have derived its name from? = Amazon female warriors, A type of tree, A prehistoric river, A dinosaur : A type of tree
Who said, "Since we cannot know all there is to be known about everything, we ought to know a little about everything"? = George Walker Bush, Blaise Pascal, Sylvester Stallone, Ronald Reagan : Blaise Pascal
What was the maiden name of Bill Clinton's wife? = Frances Folsom, Barbara Pierce, Monica Lewinsky, Hillary Rodham : Hillary Rodham
In the 'Garfield' comic strip, what is the name of Garfield's rubber chicken? = Stretch, Ed, Pooky, Herbie : Stretch
The act of having several wives at one time is called what? = Apogamy, Polygamy, Monogamy, Endogamy : Polygamy
What was the first U.S. state to enter the Union? = Georgia, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania : Delaware
If you were born on July 1st, what would your astrological sign be? = Leo, Taurus, Cancer, Gemini : Cancer
Which planet once had a 'Great Dark Spot' before it disappeared in 1995? = Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn : Neptune
The mathematical term 'e' stands for what number, to two decimal places? = 1.37, 2.17, 2.71, 1.73 : 2.71
According to superstition, how many years of bad luck will you get if you break a mirror? = 4, 5, 6, 7 : 7
As of May 2001, which of the following is not a color of an M and M candy? = Tan, Blue, Green, Brown : Tan
In which time period did the dinosaurs mainly live? = Cenozoic, Paleozoic, Precambrian, Mesozoic : Mesozoic
Who invented dynamite? = Thomas Edison, Ernest H. Verwiler, Charles Plunk, Alfred Nobel : Alfred Nobel
The Latin word 'cygnus' means what when translated into English? = Hawk, Shark, Creature, Swan : Swan
Which of the following states' zip code's first number is not 8? = Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma : Oklahoma
American political leader James McHenry was born in what country? = Greenland, England, Ireland, Iceland : Ireland
Which of the following states does not border Kansas? = Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas, Colorado : Arkansas
What is the fourth largest main division (or third level) in Linnaeus' scientific classification of living things? This does not include 'domain'. = Class, Genus, Family, Phylum : Class
Who is credited with inventing the first workable, mass-produced adding machine? = Nikola Tesla, Enrico Fermi, William Seward Burroughs, John Bardeen : William Seward Burroughs
What state is nicknamed 'The Garden State'? = Ohio, New Jersey, Colorado, California : New Jersey
What's a euphonium? = Scientific device, Creature, Element, Musical instrument : Musical instrument
According to the Chinese calendar, 2005 is the year of which creature? = Monkey, Dog, Rooster, Dragon : Rooster
Which U.S. President was born with the name 'Leslie King Jr.'? = William Clinton, Gerald Ford, John Kennedy, Richard Nixon : Gerald Ford
In Egyptian mythology, who is the goddess of the sky? = Mut, Ra, Min, Nut : Nut
The Euxine Sea was the ancient name for which body of water? = Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Dead Sea, Caspian Sea : Black Sea
A period of warm weather following the first frost of autumn is called what? = Indian summer, French fall, Irish spring, Dog days of summer : Indian summer
Which explorer coined the phrase 'New World'? = Francisco Pizarro, Amerigo Vespucci, Hernan Cortes, Ferdinand Magellan : Amerigo Vespucci
The USS Cole was refueling on October 12, 2000 when it was blown up by a boat loaded with explosives off what country? = Oman, Iraq, Qatar, Yemen : Yemen
Pate is the French word for what? = Paste, Blend, Couch, Liver : Paste
What is fulgurite? = A flashing star, A tubelike formation in sand or rock caused by lightning, A full bodied wine from southern France, An odorless gas used in lamps : A tubelike formation in sand or rock caused by lightning
Which president said, 'Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be'? = James Madison, Harry Truman, Abraham Lincoln, Calvin Coolidge : Abraham Lincoln
Which of these is not a country in Africa? = Saudi Arabia, Cote D'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Botswana : Saudi Arabia
Between which two planets are asteroids chiefly found? = Mars and Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto, Jupiter and Saturn, Saturn and Uranus : Mars and Jupiter
How many different combinations of dots are possible in Braille? = 63, 75, 49, 87 : 63
In Greek legend, who was sent to fetch the 'Golden Fleece'? = Hector, Apollo, Jason, Hermes : Jason
What was the first name of the man who invented the Rubik's Cube? = Erno, Emile, Ernst, Arnold : Erno
Which trained professional uses a theodolite in the course of his or her work? = Surgeon, Graphic Designer, Sea Captain, Surveyor : Surveyor
How many days are in a leap year? = 365, 366, 212, 819 : 366
The names of most continents on Earth begin with which letter of the English alphabet? = A, L, E, Z : A
What year did Christopher Columbus discover America? = 1492, 1400, 1450, 1776 : 1492
What is the last letter of the Greek alphabet? = Alpha, Omega, Macca, Sigma : Omega
What animal's scientific name is Bradypus Tridactylus? = Sloth, Dwarf Goby, Octopus, Pterydactl : Sloth
The largest of the Hawaiian Islands is = Maui, Molokai, Oahu, Hawaii : Hawaii
Who is the only president who has ever paid off the US national debt? = John Quincy Adams, Andrew Johnson, Andrew Jackson, John Tyler : Andrew Jackson
What is pot-au-feu? = Gold at the end of the rainbow, A clumsy fool, Homemade cigarettes, Boiled meat and potatoes : Boiled meat and potatoes
What is the capital of Northern Ireland? = Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast, London : Belfast
In genetics, the definition of an allele typically includes what = Different colors of flower petals in peas, Different types of grapes, The reason for different body types in humans, The reason for large chromosomes in fruit flies : Different colors of flower petals in peas
Which modern-day sport was developed by American Indians to train for war? = Rugby, Lacrosse, Jai Alai, Luge : Lacrosse
According to Greek mythology, which of the following was not one of the several rivers connected to the underworld? = Phlegethon, Lethe, Lynceus, Styx : Lynceus
Which of these countries does not border France? = Andorra, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Monaco : Netherlands
Lycanthropy is the magical ability to assume the form and characteristics of what animal? = Bear, Wolf, Lion, Lynx : Wolf
What do sumo wrestlers throw into the ring before a match? = Salt, Talcum Powder, Rice, Sand : Salt
How many red stripes are on a U.S. flag? = 7, 13, 6, 11 : 7
What is the chemical symbol for neon? = No, Hg, N, Ne : Ne
Which of these planets is the largest? = Uranus, Venus, Neptune, Earth : Uranus
What were most of the first spearheads made out of? = Copper, Bronze, Flint, Steel : Flint
What is the capital of West Virginia? = Charleston, Hartford, Richmond, Columbia : Charleston
What is Antarctica's highest point of elevation? = Vinson Massif, Mt. Kosciusko, Olympus Mons, Mt. Elbus : Vinson Massif
By definition, what adjective can be used to describe a tree with many branches? = Rale, Ramose, Raglan, Rallentando : Ramose
An obstetrician specializes in which area? = Plastic Surgery, Transplants, Fractures, Childbirth : Childbirth
How many years did the War of 1812 last? = 5, 1, 3, 0 : 3
The word 'zigzag' is derived from what language? = Latin, Arabic, Greek, French : French
In Greek mythology, which was not a name of a titan or a titaness? = Hyperion, Mnemosyne, Kritios, Lapetus : Kritios
How many moons does Neptune have? = < 5, 6, > 10, 8 : > 10
Which of the following is the correct spelling for a word that means the eighth power of a number? = Zenzizenzizenzic, Zenzezenzezenzic, Zenzizenzezenzic, Zenzizenzizenzec : Zenzizenzizenzic
What does a labeorphilist collect? = Beer bottles, Butterflies, Stamps, Autographs : Beer bottles
Where was the deadliest volcanic eruption ever, occurring in 1815, killing 92,000 people? = Tambora, Indonesia, Mt. Vesuvius, Italy, Krakatoa, West Indonesia, Arenal, Costa Rica : Tambora, Indonesia
What does 'quotidian' mean? = Occuring every day, Musical medley, Allotment, To copy the words of another : Occuring every day
In which sport is 'Greco-Roman' a style? = Archery, Gymnastics, Fencing, Wrestling : Wrestling
Approximately how long is the Panama Canal, linking The Pacific and Atlantic Oceans? = 51 miles, 139 miles, 77 miles, 103 miles : 51 miles
If an object is described as 'hastate', what does it resemble in shape? = Spearhead, Hourglass, Bunch of Grapes, Doughnut : Spearhead
What is the only moon in the solar system with an atmosphere? = Triton, Titania, Titan, Umbriel : Titan
In what year was the famous Chicago Fire? = 1871, 1900, 1888, 1794 : 1871
What does a pH level measure? = Density, Acidity or alkalinity, Wave Length, Humidity : Acidity or alkalinity
What type of substance is 'terracotta'? = Metal, Glass, Wood, Ceramic : Ceramic
What is the proletariat? = The homeless, The upper class, Royalty, The working class : The working class
Which of these words is a synonym for 'perambulate'? = Kiss, Stroll, Shout, Heal : Stroll
What is your hallux? = Big toe, Eyelid, Earlobe, Finger : Big toe
Which one of Mars' moons is the smallest? = Deimos, Phoebe, Phobos, Desdemona : Deimos
Which body of water lies between Greece and Turkey? = Adriatic Sea, Red Sea, Caspian Sea, Aegean Sea : Aegean Sea
Cu is the chemical symbol for which element? = Copper, Cobalt, Carbon, Calcium : Copper
Which flag has an outline of its country on it? = Cyprus, Monaco, Greece, Italy : Cyprus
The Edgar Award is given out for excellence in which field? = Astronomy, Science fiction writing, Poetry, Mystery writing : Mystery writing
What is the name for the pleasure derived from anticipating success? = Schadenfreude, Epizeuxis, Embulalia, Nikhedonia : Nikhedonia
K is the chemical symbol for which element? = Sodium, Hydrogen, Potassium, Nitrogen : Potassium
Which is the densest planet? = Earth, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus : Earth

Just label the INI as QuestionDatabase.ini

I plan to add more questions to the DB, just no more time today :D

Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic