TinyBackupBox v1.0.3.2 Update of 2011 - 12 - 21

wakillon

TinyBackupBox : Do a Backup of folders you want to a local/external drive/directory by using Robocopy.

A Big Thank to Yashield for TVExplorer.au3 and WinApiEx.au3

Includes needed : >TVExplorer.au3 and >WinApiEx.au3

201407251023391.jpg

* Left Treeview :

Check all folders Checkboxes you want to backup.
Hold Shift key when clicking a first child Checkbox will check all other child Checkboxes.
A right click on a parent item will uncheck all his child Checkboxes.

* Right Treeview :

A left click for select Backup Directory.
A right click menu on an item for create a new sub-folder which you can give the name you want.
This new sub-folder will be created and added as child item of the item you have right clicked.

* Start Button :

A Click on Start Button will start backup normally.
Hold Shift key when clicking it will start backup on Idle Mode.
Idle Mode is used for start or resume backup after a period of user inactivity (that you can set by tray menu)
and will pause current backup if not idle.

* Stop Button :

A click on Stop Button will Pause backup, and any changes will affect the backup when resume it.
You can resume a current backup by Re-clicking Start Button.
Hold Shift key when clicking Stop Button will totally Cancel current backup.
In Idle mode Stop Button is inactive until you Hold Shift key and click for Cancel current backup.

* Refresh Button :

A Click will refresh both treeviews and set them to the previous selections you have done.
Hold Shift key when clicking it will refresh both treeview and set them to the root.

* Tray Menu :

By Default Robocopy copy only new files,
so i add the possibility to
_ delete previous existing dir.
_ delete destination files and dirs that no longer exists in source.
_ Preserve all Attributes.
_ Show Robocopy Console window.
_ Set Idle Time Delay.
_ Open Backup Dir.

Update of 2011-12-21

Previous downloads : 103

source and executable are available in the Download Section

minimalist but handy !
Hope you like it ! :D

And do not forget to create backup periodically !

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

TVExplorer.au3 is needed to run it properly! Further Treeview is not displaying folder structure properly. E.g. my Coding folder with its plenty of subfolders is not displayed - only Coding folder.

Btw, nice About intro :D

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

TVExplorer.au3 is needed to run it properly! Further Treeview is not displaying folder structure properly. E.g. my Coding folder with its plenty of subfolders is not displayed - only Coding folder.

Btw, nice About intro :rip:

Br,

UEZ

Yes, that's why i thanks Yashield and add a link to his topic at the beginning ! :oops:

It's strange that your subfolders are not displayed in the treeviews.

I have tried it with seven too without display problems... :D

Edit : Did you get the last TVExplorer.au3 updated for x64 ?

Thanks UEZ for feedback ! :)

Edited by wakillon

Indeed, the version I got on my disc was outdated.

Now with latest version it is working properly.

Btw, why you are not including all the files which are downloaded to your script as binary strings?

Too large?

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Indeed, the version I got on my disc was outdated.

Now with latest version it is working properly.

Btw, why you are not including all the files which are downloaded to your script as binary strings?

Too large?

Br,

UEZ

Ouf ! :oops: I thought it was a bug... :D

Yes too large, for binary strings (~200ko if i remember well), but quickly downloadable !

Normally with seven you already have robocopy.exe installed, so no need to download it, it was the biggest file needed.

Thanks again.

Edited by wakillon

Here the files except Robocopy.exe as binary strings base64 encoded (188 kb). If you pack it with 7-Zip afterwards than only 120 kb.

http://pastebin.com/4HgbqAB3

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Hmm can't get this one working. :D I like the idea though.

1. downloaded your scirpt

2. Downloaded TVExplorer.au3

3. Woulnd't run because "APIConstants.au3" was missing

4. Found APIConstants.au3 in google code site (Version: 3.1)

5. Now I get

WinAPIEx.au3(495,40) : ERROR: $KLF_ACTIVATE previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $KLF_ACTIVATE = 0x00000001

This looks like it's being triggered from teh include of "WinAPIEx" from inside TVExplorer.au3

Just going round in circles at the moment....

Hmm can't get this one working. :D I like the idea though.

1. downloaded your scirpt

2. Downloaded TVExplorer.au3

3. Woulnd't run because "APIConstants.au3" was missing

4. Found APIConstants.au3 in google code site (Version: 3.1)

5. Now I get

WinAPIEx.au3(495,40) : ERROR: $KLF_ACTIVATE previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $KLF_ACTIVATE = 0x00000001

This looks like it's being triggered from teh include of "WinAPIEx" from inside TVExplorer.au3

Just going round in circles at the moment....

Hi storme !

Well, APIConstants.au3 is include in the archive of

Get it, and everything should be going well ! :oops:

Here the files except Robocopy.exe as binary strings base64 encoded (188 kb). If you pack it with 7-Zip afterwards than only 120 kb.

http://pastebin.com/4HgbqAB3

Br,

UEZ

Thanks UEZ !

Take a look at my signature, i have found a similar way for resolve externals files problem ! ! :D

Not sure if you know but latest release of Robocopy which comes with 7 etc isn't imho the best to use i usually overwrite with XP026 as they took some bits out when they changed to XP027 i cant remember off the top of my head what they removed but it was support for a certain type of transfer i think.

Couple of points >>

1. _GetFullNameByFullPath can be replaced with _WinAPI_PathStripPath in WinAPIEx.au3.

2. _IsConnected can be replaced with _WinAPI_IsInternetConnected (Vista+ so maybe not a good idea thinking about it.)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Not sure if you know but latest release of Robocopy which comes with 7 etc isn't imho the best to use i usually overwrite with XP026 as they took some bits out when they changed to XP027 i cant remember off the top of my head what they removed but it was support for a certain type of transfer i think.

Sorry i don't understand and don't find an understanding translation for "isn't imho" :D

Couple of points >>

1. _GetFullNameByFullPath can be replaced with _WinAPI_PathStripPath in WinAPIEx.au3.

2. _IsConnected can be replaced with _WinAPI_IsInternetConnected (Vista+ so maybe not a good idea thinking about it.)

I didn't know _WinAPI_PathStripPath, thanks.

There are so many functions in the WinApiEx :oops:

but _WinAPI_IsInternetConnected will have to wait as long as there is a majority of XP users ! :rip:

Posted Image

I'm not totally convinced with those stats but at the same time I'm aware that people are unable to change due to financial problems.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm not totally convinced with those stats but at the same time I'm aware that people are unable to change due to financial problems.

You can use a Geographic and Demographic Filter on this website.

I'm not sure there is only financial problems

People have their little habits too and may be find it difficult to change.

Edit : Being back to XP and have the power of a PC planned for seven, that's pleasant too ! :D

Edited by wakillon

Sorry i don't understand and don't find an understanding translation for "isn't imho" :D

isn't = is not

imho = in my honest opinion

The only difference between XP026 version and XP027 version is this switch

/MT[:n] : Multithreaded copying, n = no. of threads to use (1-128)

But i use Xp026 as it always seems stable

Edited by Chimaera

imho = in my honest opinion

Thanks for this "translation", it's more clear now ! :oops:

Where can i found a list or a link because I allready found some "abbreviations" like "imho" without understand them. :D

Edited by wakillon

Nice job :D

I might put your script to use soon enough :oops: Been thinking to write myself a similar script but now I can afford to be lazy :)

Here is an idea: sometimes when an user needs to backup a database, some services needs to be stopped before backup and started (many times the start/stop order is really important) after that.

If you are willing to put a little more effort into this script, you might considering adding that functionality. If you don't add it, I will have to do it for my own needs :rip:

Thanks for sharing the script.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

As far as I can remember and might be wrong to copy also databases you can use the switch /b which should use the windows volume shadow copy services to copy also locked files.

Br,

UEZ

Updated for a tiny bug. :D

Nice job :rip:

I might put your script to use soon enough :) Been thinking to write myself a similar script but now I can afford to be lazy :(

Here is an idea: sometimes when an user needs to backup a database, some services needs to be stopped before backup and started (many times the start/stop order is really important) after that.

If you are willing to put a little more effort into this script, you might considering adding that functionality. If you don't add it, I will have to do it for my own needs :(

Thanks for sharing the script.

Which services do you want to stop ? :oops:

Do you think that some files could be locked by them and also not be copied ?

I have made lot of tries before posting this script, with all types of files, folders, little or very big sizes, any attribs, short or very long paths, running executable and i hadn't got any copy problem.

The only thing i remark is that robocopy "beep" on very long file path , but file is well copied !

I forgot to precise that script creates a log file for each backup and if there is an error while copying, script ask if you want to open it at the end of backup. :D