SMS and AutoIt

A little help here please?

Has anyone seen a script work on your desktop when you write it, but when you place it on the network, it goes into a loop running the script over and over? I even resulted in using the canned autoit sample notepad script and it does the same thing.

originally i thought it was because of SMS but it also does it if I try to run it manually from the network. does this both from a drive letter and unc path

Thanks

Lavelle

Edited by keilamym

A little help here please?

Has anyone seen a script work on your desktop when you write it, but when you place it on the network, it goes into a loop running the script over and over? I even resulted in using the canned autoit sample notepad script and it does the same thing.

originally i thought it was because of SMS but it also does it if I try to run it manually from the network. does this both from a drive letter and unc path

Thanks

Lavelle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think the best thing to do would be to post your code to see if someone can spot a logic flaw. if you don't want to post it here, you may want to just go in and add more error trapping... like if it opens a file, check the @error and have it give a message if @error is anything other than 0, etc etc. that should help you locate the hang in the program...or even easier, use the opt("TrayIconDebug",1) to add a tooltip to the icon while it's running, so when it hangs, you can see what instruction or loop it's trying to process...