One Click GUI Solution - Thoughts

dinodod

Guys & Gals,

I was wondering if you might take a look at a project I've been working on and tell me what your thoughts are (ASIDE from the horrible GUI :D )

I would like to know if you can recommend anything that I should try to focus on. This has only been a side project for myself and I haven't really thought much about it till recently.

What features would you like to see that would make your life easy?

Thanks!

Link: http://sites.google.com/site/dinodod/digitalchaosultimateadmintool

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

I just noticed that you link to the "old" (original) adfunctions UDF written by Johnny Clelland. A new, enhanced and supported Active Directory UDF is available. For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks. I've posted those link several years ago. I've since moved on to understanding Microsoft's AD tools like DSQuery and have now incorporated them.

There is no download link at this time. I don't even know if I can properly generate an EXE since I have so many includes to additional .au3 files. I haven't ever really made an EXE version and I need to review how to properly package my app. I don't know what files my app is dependant on other than the applications that I can install silently.

I'm just trying to see how to further enhance it. I'll try making an EXE version for you in the future.....

Thanks

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

I'm not in Admin at all, but what you list could turn into a good tool.

I've seen you mention SQLite in you future directions for local storage of various informations.

Indeed, SQLite is a formidable vehicle for storing application data in a very reliable and efficient way, whatever size, complexity or secrecy.

I've some experience with using SQLite under AutoIt (and elsewhere) so don't hesitate to chime if you need to.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)