Date Validation

I have tried using the date validation and always comes back invalid. This is the code I am using.. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Thanks

$validtest = "Failed"

$sDate = @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR

Do

$maindate = InputBox ( $company, "Please Enter A Date That You Want To See The Reports From -- In the format dd/mm/yyyy" , $sDate )

If _DateIsValid( $maindate ) Then

MsgBox( 0, "Valid Date", $maindate & @error )

$validtest = "Passed"

Else

MsgBox (0, $company, "Invalid Date "& $maindate & " Please Try Again " & @error, 10 )

EndIf

Until $validtest = "Passed"

Joseph MangrumCCNA, CNA, MCP, Network+

If _DateIsValid( $maindate ) Then

MsgBox( 0, "Valid Date", $maindate & @error )

$validtest = "Passed"

Else

MsgBox (0, $company, "Invalid Date "& $maindate & " Please Try Again " & @error, 10 )

EndIf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this may be nothing, but why have @error output on success?

this may be nothing, but why have @error output on success?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, that was left accidentally to see if there was an error return code associated with it, and there is but if that is the case, then why run it as an IF statement. Even if it is out, still get all dates invalid since all I am doing is displaying it to see what it returns

• Developers

I have tried using the date validation and always comes back invalid. This is the code I am using.. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was sure i fixed this back in April but seems it slipped through the cracks...

The Helpfile is wrong and should say:

This function takes a date input in one of the following formats:

"yyyy/mm/dd[ hh:mm[:ss]]" or "yyyy/mm/dd[Thh:mm[:ss]]"

"yyyy-mm-dd[ hh:mm[:ss]]" or "yyyy-mm-dd[Thh:mm[:ss]]"

"yyyy.mm.dd[ hh:mm[:ss]]" or "yyyy.mm.dd[Thh:mm[:ss]]"

Example should say:

#include <Date.au3>

$sDate =  @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY

If _DateIsValid( $sDate ) Then
  MsgBox( 4096, "Valid Date", "The specified date is valid." )
Else
  MsgBox( 4096, "Valid Date", "The specified date is invalid." )
EndIf

Will submit the Doc correction to JP...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry, that was left accidentally to see if there was an error return code associated with it, and there is but if that is the case, then why run it as an IF statement. Even if it is out, still get all dates invalid since all I am doing is displaying it to see what it returns

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right, sorry i figured it out as soon as i started playing with it... one thing that i think is kind of interesting is that on the fail that @error is 0, which the help file says means no error... that made me think it may be an issue with your condition statement. i ran into something like this the other day where i was doing a stringinstr() with numbers, and even though i could plainly see that the sub string i was looking for was in the string being evaluated, it kept saying false... i'm going to look back at that and see if it's not a similar type of issue...

The Helpfile is wrong and should say:

[...]

Will submit the Doc correction to JP...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, the help file says that the routine should set error codes to indicate the problem in processing the date, but there are not errors set in the source.

• Developers

Also, the help file says that the routine should set error codes to indicate the problem in processing the date, but there are not errors set in the source.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

correct.... have changed that too....

here's the new helpfile page:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

correct....  have changed that too....

here's the new helpfile page:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent, I see why that may have gone bad then. Thanks, that will help out alot. I will give it a run and if anything else comes up I will let you know.

Thanks for all the replies..