New To Autoit And I Love It!

Before I start asking questions about some of the stuff that I'm having problems with, I'd just like to say that this program is awesome... I had always heard of "scripts" but you folks have developed an easy to use and very powerful tool...

Congratz :whistle:

I also found the scriptwriter a great help... Good job Larry! I have been lurking the boards the last few days, getting a general "feel" for the community. I hope I don't ask too many dumb questions (btw that "here now piss off" comment was hilarious!)

I've programmed in C a few years ago (in school) and Autoit made me go crack the book open again and start coding B)

Anyway... onward with the questions!

"So... when you program stuff, it takes ten times longer than if you were to just to do the work yourself in the first place?"-inester's wife on the concept of computer programming

Yeah, but you had fun going through lines upon lines of code trying to find that semi-colon that should have been a colon right? :whistle:

I have gotton maybe 3 hours of sleep the last few nights (downloaded it on tuesday) in anticipation of getting my to script work... does that make me a complete geek?

"So... when you program stuff, it takes ten times longer than if you were to just to do the work yourself in the first place?"-inester's wife on the concept of computer programming

I have gotton maybe 3 hours of sleep the last few nights (downloaded it on tuesday) in anticipation of getting my to script work... does that make me a complete geek?

Nah...

It's called the AutoIt-syndrom and every AutoIt-scripter have been thru it,

and it's something that everyone have to go thru..