Forum rules updated

Valik

I updated the Forum Rules today to clarify expected behavior when reporting spammers. The additional text is included below. If you have not read the forum rules I strongly suggest you take this opportunity to do so.

Reporting Spammers

There are a couple special notes regarding spammers:

• Report the spam post but do not acknowledge it in any way. Do not quote it, post something "witty" about it or post "reported". The latter is a particularly bad habit some people have. This creates extra work for the moderators and serves no purpose. Not only do the moderators have to delete the spam post but they must also delete your post. Even if a particular post is reported multiple times it only creates one report on the back-end with all the report comments so there is really no reason to announce you have reported a spammer.
  • If a user makes multiple spam posts it is only necessary to report one post. In your report comment mention that the user has other spam posts so we know to look at their content to find the others. In all likelihood each post will end up getting reported by other people anyway. One report and a note to check the other posts is sufficient, however.

The users storme, shornw and Akarillon clearly did not take this announcement to heart (or even see it). They have a 24-hour ban for doing the exact things I just said not to do. I am not kidding around with this. If you wish to make more work for the moderators you are part of the problem and will be dealt with.

Do not let this happen again.