Border

Krankios

Hi, i'v searched for functions, and searched the forms but havent had any luck with trying to attach a border to a process that does not have one. And when i say border i mean the things ontop of windows, that has the X button and the maximize, minimize buttons. Anyone have any idea of how i would go about doing this? i just started autoit like 2-1 week ago. :D

Whats a bump? if it was me posting in my own question whats wrong with that?, and i don't know when you are typing a reply. Anyways, that does not really answer my question, "still thanks for trying :oops:" i said

- trying to attach a border to a process-

and

-how i would go about doing this?- :D

-EDIT

Nevermind on me not knowing what a 'bump' is, it means when you ask the same question twice or post about it twice.

I never posted about this before on this site, what are you talking about?

-EDIT Once again,

just looked up ANOTHER thing about what bump means and it said it means to

"post on you're thread to just raise it to the frontpage."

Fyi i was not trying to raise it to the frontpage, considering it was already on the frontpage, please get you're facts right before posting

that i'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Krankios

Krankios,

I'm replying to answer your confusion of what a bump is.

Your question of why no one replied in 10 minutes of you asking the question was considered a 'bump.' Appreciate the fact that AutoIt is provided at no extra cost to you as well as a Help file, free support forum & a steady stream of updates to the language. Users reply during their free time to help you, therefore getting a reply within 10 minutes despite being common* shouldn't be expected.

*It just so happens that the average time a post is answered is very quick, though this is just pure coincidence and is determined by how many active forum users are online and how answerable the question is.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Hopefully, the last nit-pick. This should have gone onto the board named Graphical User Interface Help and Support.

Anyway, in answer to your question, I believe that the command you would be looking for would be "GuiSetStyle". I presume code alike this should do just fine.

$WindowTitle = WinGetHandle("WindowTitle", "") ;I always leave the second parameter, text, blank as I find the window title to be sufficient.
GuiSetStyle("0x00800000", -1, $WindowTitle); 0x00800000 is $WS_BORDER, which is the normal GUI Window style

I hope this works for you (But I just did it off the top of my head and didnt test it so enjoy :D). If not, come back here and let us know.

Krankios,

I'm replying to answer your confusion of what a bump is.

Your question of why no one replied in 10 minutes of you asking the question was considered a 'bump.' Appreciate the fact that AutoIt is provided at no extra cost to you as well as a Help file, free support forum & a steady stream of updates to the language. Users reply during their free time to help you, therefore getting a reply within 10 minutes despite being common shouldn't be expected.

"'m replying to answer your confusion of what a bump is."

First of all, don't go telling me that im doing something when i already said i was not.

Bump stands for "bring up my post" and i had NO intention of implying, nor saying that.

Second of all you said "getting a reply within 10 minutes despite being common" if you can say its 'common' to get a reply within 10 minutes, than you can also say its "expected" to get a reply within 10 minutes. And in my question i said "how i would go about doing this", i did not say "Would i find my awnser in the helpfile" so please don't go around posting on my post with a awnser not even matching my question.

Thanks.

Hopefully, the last nit-pick. This should have gone onto the board named Graphical User Interface Help and Support.

Anyway, in answer to your question, I believe that the command you would be looking for would be "GuiSetStyle". I presume code alike this should do just fine.

$WindowTitle = WinGetHandle("WindowTitle", "") ;I always leave the second parameter, text, blank as I find the window title to be sufficient.
GuiSetStyle("0x00800000", -1, $WindowTitle); 0x00800000 is $WS_BORDER, which is the normal GUI Window style

I hope this works for you (But I just did it off the top of my head and didnt test it so enjoy :oops:). If not, come back here and let us know.

Haha, thanks ALOT :D

It's a shame you had to reply in such an aggressive manner, because I was only offering friendly advice.

By the way I was referring to this in my response. Bumping doesn't just mean getting your post to the 'top spot' it also means antagonising users to reply, which is clearly what you tried to do in your second post by questioning why no one had replied within 10 minutes of you initially posting.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

"'m replying to answer your confusion of what a bump is."

First of all, don't go telling me that im doing something when i already said i was not.

Bump stands for "bring up my post" and i had NO intention of implying, nor saying that.

Second of all you said "getting a reply within 10 minutes despite being common" if you can say its 'common' to get a reply within 10 minutes, than you can also say its "expected" to get a reply within 10 minutes. And in my question i said "how i would go about doing this", i did not say "Would i find my awnser in the helpfile" so please don't go around posting on my post with a awnser not even matching my question.

Thanks.

Wow you are one of the most "entitled" people I've seen in a long time.

Common does NOT mean expected, common means that commonly things get answered quickly, but quite often things don't get answered for days or at all because no one knows the answer. Bump does not stand for bring up my post, at least to most normal people, it means to push (bump) the post higher up the list of posts shown so it gets more attention.

Lose the attitude, because you were in the wrong and people were just trying to point that out in a polite way.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It's a shame you had to reply in such an aggressive manner, because I was only offering friendly advice.

By the way I was referring to this in my response. Bumping doesn't just mean getting your post to the 'top spot' it also means antagonising users to reply, which is clearly what you tried to do in your second post by questioning why no one had replied within 10 minutes of you initially posting.

Haha, you said

Wow you are one of the most "entitled" people I've seen in a long time.

Common does NOT mean expected, common means that commonly things get answered quickly, but quite often things don't get answered for days or at all because no one knows the answer. Bump does not stand for bring up my post, at least to most normal people, it means to push (bump) the post higher up the list of posts shown so it gets more attention.

Lose the attitude, because you were in the wrong and people were just trying to point that out in a polite way.

Listen, he said that "getting a reply within 10 minutes despite being common shouldn't be expected."

In order for something to become "common" than it has to be expected to appear more often. i did not say that common and expected is the same thing. Read my post correctly ok? and don't say that "bump does not stand for bring up my post, if you havent even done little research to prove what i said was false.

-WIKI-

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post",[1] however this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[2] It can also be used in personal messages (PMs) or instant messages (IMs) on the Web, to return an older message to the top of the list.

----------

You said "at least to most normal people" and by normal people you are implying what?, people are people. there is no "normal" and non normal.

"Lose the attitude hater."

And anyways, i said that it means to "bring up my post" and you say that what im saying is wrong eventho what your saying is almost the complete same thing? you said "push (bump) the post higher up the list of posts" now im going to break what i said down, so its easy for you ok?

you said "Higher up the POST" i said "Bring up my POST" Get Thesarus or look up a virtual one on the computer, it might help you.

Edited by Krankios

Read the rules carefully especially this one...

Do not be obnoxious, rude or in general a nuisance to the smooth operation of the forum.

UDF List:

Its a shame you don't know the difference between being a smartass, and being polite. You said "you should've spent the past 2-1 week reading thru the help file." after i said in my question "i just started autoit like 2-1 week ago." is quite convenient, and can be considered a smartass remark.

And you said that bumping means "antagonizing" LOLWHAT?, do you even know what that word means? antagonizing is when you

Cause (someone) to become hostile. me saying "No replies? :D" is nowhere near antagonizing. I would be antagonizing if i said

"Idiots reply with a awnser right now!!!!!!!!!!" or something else hateful.

Clearly you lack understanding of forum etiquette as well as who said what, because half of the 'quotes' you mentioned in your last post I never said. Good luck with coding.

UDF List:

Oh cheese and crackers, what did I start? Look Krankios; you were being quite impatient, and I, not guinness, made the 'smartass' (which was intended to be smartass) comment about reading the help file. After debating with myself, I decided to make another (this) post. I hope a mod closes this thread before its ember turns into a flame.

Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

• Developers

@Krankios,

One more of these post out of you will urn yourself some time off from these forums.

You are acting as a little impatient prick and when told so go into an aggressive attack mode without any rime or reason.

I close this thread and will ban your ass when you open a new thread again showing any of this behaviour.

Hope I am being clear

Jos

Edited by Jos
wrong name copied

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)