please help me on moving files

beqa

hi all

please help me.

i want to move file to one folder

jaws screenreader is a program for reading information on screen.

i have several versions of jaws. i want to display all installed versions of jaws in a listview with checkboxes, check versions which i want and then when i will press on start button file must be moved in jaws folders which i checked.

sorry my english isn't very good

• Developers

So, where are you getting stuck with coding this script?

Show what you have and be explicit in what the problem is with it and what you are looking for.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

hi

this is my code

#NoTrayIcon
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
Opt('GUICloseOnESC', 1)
$hGUI = GUICreate("spmvs configurator", 300, 200)
$gJAWS = GUICtrlCreateListView("JAWS Versions", 10, 150, 140, 20)
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($gJAWS, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))
$hSave = GUICtrlCreateButton("start", 50, 20)
$hCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("close", 50, 20)
$hAbout = GUICtrlCreateButton("about", 50, 20)
   GUISetState()
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
Case 3, $hCancel
ExitLoop
case $HSave
case $hAbout
MsgBox(64, "about", 'SpmvsConfigurator Author beqa') ; Will demonstrate Button 2 being pressed
EndSwitch
WEnd

i don't know how to get jaws versions from registry to arai and then display it in the listview

or if it isn't right please help me

Edited by Jos
added CODE tags

Please post code in AutoIt tags [ autoit] and [ /autoit] (without the space).

To retrieve data from the registry use functions RegRead or search the forum for one of the many registry UDFs.

Using google I found the following: http://svn.haxx.se/tsvn/archive-2010-05/0005.shtml

Ok, here is the way to find out that JAWS is installed and what version is used:

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok, thanks very mutch, i know how to read information from the registry, i don't know how to display this subkeys in listview.

Ok, here is the way to find out that JAWS is installed and what version is

used:

The registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFreedom ScientificJAWS

contains all versions of JAWS that are located on this machine, that is the

subkeys: 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 mean that the versions 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 are

installed side by side - it is a very often practice in JAWS installations -

a lot of people use a couple versions of JAWS at the same time for different

reasons.

please help me

• Developers

Moved from Examples to Support . so please read the forum purpose before creating a topic to ensure it is in the correct forum.

When you know how to read the registry I wonder why that logic isn't in the posted script yet?

What does the helpfile tell you about filling entries in the Control created by GUICtrlCreateListView?

There is a nice simple example there and explaining how it works.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This short example should give you an idea:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Global $listview, $button, $item1, $item2, $item3, $input1, $msg
;Global $sKey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFreedom ScientificJAWS"
Global $sKey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice"
GUICreate("listview items", 220, 250, 100, 200, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
$listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("col1", 10, 10, 200, 150)
_GetSubkey($skey)

GUISetState()
Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func _GetSubkey($sKey)

Local $iIndex = 1, $sSubKey
    While 1
        $sSubKey = RegEnumKey($skey, $iIndex)
        If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
        ConsoleWrite($sSubkey & @CRLF)
        GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($sSubKey, $listview)
        $iIndex += 1
    WEnd
    Return

EndFunc   ;==>_GetSubkey
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

$Version =        RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFreedom ScientificJAWS', 'Version');I dont know the name of the subkey so rename version to whatever it is.
$Gui =            GUICreate("ListView", 500, 500) ;Creates the GUI
$ListView =        GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Value", 0, 0, 500, 500) ;Create a list view control
$LVItem =        GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Version|"&$Version, $ListView) ;Create the required list view item - This is where the magic happens
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $Gui) ;Show the GUI
While 1 ;Infnite loop until the program is ended
    If GUIGetMsg() = -3 Then ;If the close button is clicked
        Exit ;Exit the program
    EndIf ;Declares the end of the if statement
WEnd ;Declares the end of the while loop

Since I don't have this JAWS program you talk about installed, I don't know whether the subkey in regread (version) is the correct name, so you will have to change that. I hope this works for you, but I dont quite understand EXACTLY what you need from it.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok i understand.

now another question.

how i can move files in folders which are selected?

e.g. i have jaws versions 12 and 13 installed i want to move files in this folders.

my code is bellow.

[ autoit]

#NoTrayIcon

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include <GuiListView.au3>

Opt('GUICloseOnESC', 1)

$hGUI = GUICreate("spmvs configurator", 300, 200)

$sJAWS = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFreedom ScientificJAWS"

$hJAWS = GUICtrlCreateListView("volume", 10, 150, 140, 20)

_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hJAWS, BitOR($LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))

_GetSubkey($sjaws)

$hSave = GUICtrlCreateButton("movefile", 50, 20)

$hCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("close", 50, 20)

$hAbout = GUICtrlCreateButton("about", 50, 20)

GUISetState()

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()

Case 3, $hCancel

ExitLoop

case $HSave

;i don't know what i must write

case $hAbout

MsgBox(64, "about", 'SpmvsConfigurator Author beqa') ; Will demonstrate Button 2 being pressed

EndSwitch

WEnd

Func _GetSubkey($sjaws)

Local $iIndex = 1, $sSubKey

While 1

$sSubKey = RegEnumKey($sjaws, $iIndex)

If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop

ConsoleWrite($sSubkey & @CRLF)

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($sSubKey, $hjaws)

$iIndex += 1

WEnd

Return

EndFunc;==>_GetSubkey[ /autoit]

Why do you want to move files? Doesn't JAWS (the screenreader) come with an installation program?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok i will explain.

yes jaws comes with installer, but in jaws you can write scripts to extend functional of screenreader.

i wrote scripts for jetaudio and want to make an installer which will move script files in to userprofile's folder.

it is %appdata%freedom scientificjawsversion.

from subkeys i can get folder paths.

To move files use the - you guessed it - FileMove function.

I haven't done selecting entries of an ListView by checkboxes. But if you search the forum for $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES you will find a lot of scripts which will show you how to code.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok, and finally question.

how i can display folders in scripts folder which is located in script folder.

e.g. with script.exe is located folder scripts and in scripts are located folders with dates. e.g. jetaudio scriptsforjaws 2011.12.13.

how i can display in first column all folders located in scripts and in second column dates?

_FileListToArray and then create the ListView from the returned array.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki