[RESOLVED] Send to FileMove?

The FileMove command is simple

FileMove("C:Test", "D:Test")

But if i want to use it with different dir, for example put it in "SendTo" dir? Like a script .bat. So the first dir change, and the second is always the same. It's possible?

Thanks

Edited by johnmcloud

I know the fuction reference. I'll do an example:

Take this .bat:

Dir %1 /oe > c:windowstempList.txt

Save it in SendoTo folder ( %APPDATA%MicrosoftWindowsSendTo )

If right click on a folder -- Send To -- Bat, i have a list of that directory.

I want do the same with autoit, with the function FileMove

Right click on a folder -- Send To -- Autoit .exe

result: Move the folder to destination directory ( the destination is always the same )

I hope I was clear,

Thanks for support

Thanks JohnOne.

johnmcloud,

At the top of your script add something like this >>

If $CmdLine[0] Then
    For $A = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
        If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($CmdLine[$A]), "D") Then ; Is a Folder/Directory
            DirMove($CmdLine[$A], "<DESTINATIONPATH>")
        Else ; Otherwise it must be a file.
            FileMove($CmdLine[$A], "<DESTINATIONPATH>")
        EndIf       
    Next
EndIf

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

johnmcloud,

At the top of your script add something like this >>

Thanks guinness,

You script work only with single file, not with directory ( don't doing nothing )

And if can explain the first part of the script?

I don't understand this part:

If $CmdLine[0] Then

I am here also to learn, thanks for support :D

Edited by johnmcloud

$CmdLine[0] is number of parameters (for more info http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm#CommandLine)

to work with Directories add the flag 1 to overwrite

DirMove($CmdLine[$A], $destination,1)

and you can also add the flag 8 for files, in case the destination folder is not created

FileMove($CmdLine[$A], $destination,8)

$destination = "D:\Test"
If $CmdLine[0] Then
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

Seems people have answered already. When I said 'like this' I should have mentioned that please read the additional remarks in the Help file for the functions DirMove & FIleMove.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

$CmdLine[0] is number of parameters (for more info http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/running.htm#CommandLine)

to work with Directories add the flag 1 to overwrite

and you can also add the flag 8 for files, in case the destination folder is not created

$destination = "D:Test"
If $CmdLine[0] Then
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

Thanks man, work, but i need another example for learn better the function.

I have now made this script:

$source = "C:"
$dest = "C:Test.txt"
RunWait(@ComSpec & " " & "/k" & " "& "dir >" & " " &$dest& " " &$source& "&& Echo. && Echo finished")

Working fine, create a file in C: with the directory of C:

Now i want to apply your scipt into this, but not work, What i'm doing wrong?

$dest = "C:Test.txt"
If $CmdLine[0] Then
  RunWait(@ComSpec & " " & "/k" & " "& "dir >" & " " &$dest& " " &$CmdLine[$A]& "&& Echo. && Echo finished")
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf
Edited by johnmcloud

that code works fine in my computer... Do you get any error???

Now Work, i don't know what was the problem.

I'll post again:

$dest = "C:TestFile.txt"
If $CmdLine[0] Then
  RunWait(@ComSpec & " " & "/c" & " "& "dir >" & " " & '"'&$dest& '"' & " " & '"' &$CmdLine[$A]& '"' & " " & "&& Echo. && Echo finished", "", @SW_HIDE)
        EndIf
    Next
EndIf

N.B Why i can't post like Autoit code?. I click OK but nothing happens, maybe is a browser problem...

Thanks guys for support, in particularly magodiez and guinness.

Edited by johnmcloud

Thanks guys for support, in particularly magodiez and guinness.

You're welcome but I only did about 5% of the work.

UDF List: