AutoIt3Wrapper Ignores /out Param for x64 Builds

spm

As per the title, it seems AutoIt3Wrapper ignores the /out command line parameter when compiling for x64. A line such as

Aut2Exe /in <scriptpath> /out <exepath> /x64

works fine, but

AutoIt3Wrapper /in <scriptpath> /out <exepath> /x64

does not. In the former case, the x64 exe is created at <exepath>, but in the latter it is created at <scriptpath> (with a .exe extension). I have tested this with both the released AutoIt3Wrapper and the current beta (as of 12th Dec. 2011).

• Developers

Tested this and works fine for me.

Which version of AutoIt3Wrapper are you using? Try the latest Beta version available when you haven't yet.

What is the exact command-line used?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Version is 2.0.3.2, downloaded from your beta area today. Command line passed is:

AutoIt3Wrapper /in "serversharefolderscript.au3" /out "serversharefolderscript64.exe" /icon "serversharefolderscript.ico" /x64

• Developers

Ok, that is indeed the latest Beta of the current version.

Try the version found here: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/AutoIt3Wrapper/

This version will be released soon and has many modifications in it to support a portable setup.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This version will be released soon and has many modifications in it to support a portable setup.

Wow! Thanks, I'll give this a test run as well.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

Sorry, but the 2.1.0.7 version with the same command line simply exits summarily, with no GUI or other feedback (and without compiling).

Just tested it also with UNC paths and it all worked fine.

Try putting your commandline into a xyz.bat file and run it from SciTE (F5). This should give you some feedback from AutoIt3Wrapper.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

.bat files are of no use, because they don't support UNC paths. Using.cmd files from the command line (SciTE won't run them), I can't get the 2.1.0.7 version to build anything at all, using either UNC paths or drive paths. If I pass *any* /out parameter, AutoIt3Wrapper returns instantly without doing anything. If I pass a /in parameter, it prompts for an input file, as it does when no parameters are passed.

Edited by spm

• Developers

.bat files are of no use, because they don't support UNC paths.

Again: I tested it and worked for me so I am not able to replicate your problem at the moment:

compiletest.bat located in the AutoIt3Wrapper directory:

AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest1.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico"
AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest2.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /x86
AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest3.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /x64

Scite Output:

>compiletest.bat

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper>AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest1.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico"
+>22:14:09 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.7    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:D0010413  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3
+>22:14:10 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe_x64.exe  /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest1.exe" /nopack /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /comp 2
+>22:14:15 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>22:14:15 Created program:landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest1.exe

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper>AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest2.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /x86
+>22:14:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.7    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:D0010413  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
+>22:14:16 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe_x64.exe  /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest2.exe" /nopack /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /comp 2 /x86
+>22:14:21 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.0.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe" --best --compress-icons=0 -qq "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest2.exe"
    647974 ->    302374   46.66%    win32/pe     test2.exe
+>22:14:25 UPX Ended: rc:0
+>22:14:25 Created program:landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest2.exe

C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper>AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest3.exe" /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /x64
+>22:14:25 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.7    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:D0010413  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
+>22:14:26 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe_x64.exe  /in "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.au3" /out "landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest3.exe" /nopack /icon "landiskopenshareAutoIT3test.ico" /comp 2
+>22:14:32 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
+>22:14:32 Created program:landiskopenshareAutoIT3testtest3.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 22.546

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

UNC paths are usually disabled in cmd.exe by default under Win7 (Ultimate, at least). This gives the following SciTE output:

>Test.bat
'serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTest'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows directory.
'Test.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I fixed this by setting a registry key as per MSKB 156276.

Now I see this in SciTE when I try to run my script:

>Test.bat

serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTest>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /in "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest.au3" /out "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest32.exe" /icon "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest.ico"
+>21:25:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.7    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!

serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTest>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /in "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest.au3" /out "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest64.exe" /icon "serverUsersuserMy DocumentsDataScriptsAutoItTestTest.ico" /x64
+>21:25:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.7    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.974

AutoIt3 is installed in C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3.

• Developers

Ok, to add the GO option for CMD files you have to:

1. open Other.properties under Options in SciTE

2. update the bottom to the below (ensure the lines below the IF are Indented as they currently are)

if PLAT_WIN

command.go.*.cmd=$(FileNameExt)

command.go.*.bat=$(FileNameExt)

command.name.0.*.bat=Execute Selection

command.0.*.bat=$(CurrentSelection)

command.name.1.*.mak=nmake

command.1.*.mak=nmake -f $(FileNameExt)

Then rename the batch file to .cmd and open it in SciTE and try F5 again.

Edited by Jos
fixed typo

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, to add the GO option for CMD files you have to:

1. open Other.properties under Options in SciTE

2. update the bottom to the below (ensure the lines below the IF are Indented as they currently are)

Thanks for that, but see my post #10 for a demonstration of the problem.

• Developers

Thanks for that, but see my post #10 for a demonstration of the problem.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe"

Seems you have moved AutoIt3Wrapper?

The setup will have to be exactly as we deliver it or else it could have problems running correctly.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Seems you have moved AutoIt3Wrapper?

The setup will have to be exactly as we deliver it or else it could have problems running correctly.

Well, I haven't moved it - I have simply downloaded it and placed it in what appeared to be a sensible place. I'm not interested in installing the full SciTE and all the stuff that comes with it, but I am interested in AutoIt3Wrapper. It really shouldn't be a problem for AutoIt3Wrapper to correctly locate an installed and working AutoIt3 (a simple registry lookup in the App Paths key will do that) or, failing that, find co-located exes in the case of a portable install.

That said, where does the current AutoIt3Wrapper need to be placed in order for it to work?

That said, where does the current AutoIt3Wrapper need to be placed in order for it to work?

OK, have worked this out ... it needs to be in a folder named AutoIt3Wrapper under the main the SciTE folder. When placed there, the 2.1.0.7 beta seems to work fine, thanks. It would still be helpful if it could be enhanced to auto-locate the AutoIt binaries, though.

• Developers

The reason it is now required to be in the right directory is to be able to support a portable version of the whole autoit3 & SciTE4AutoIt3 setup.

Before it would use a hardcoded variable from the au3.properties for this making it hard to move.

Glad you have it sorted :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.