HotKey with Marked Text as Arguments

Hello Community,

I like to mark a text and press a hotkey than one programm/script should be called and give this programm/script the marked text as argument to do something.

How can I realise this?

Creating Hotkey is not a problem. I can even create a normal windows shortcut and assign a hotkey.

The question is, how to pass the marked text as an argument.

Where do you mark the text? In a GUI you created with the AutoIt script, in an Office application (word, excel ...), in a browser ..?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What I would do (probably not the best way to do it tho) would be like this:

HotKeySet("^q", "_HotkeyPressed") ;The hotkey is CTRL+Q and the function name is "_HotkeyPressed"
While 1 ;Just an infinite loop until the program exits
WEnd
Func _HotkeyPressed()
    $PreviousClipboard = ClipGet();Used to prevent data loss when running the function
    Send("^c")
    $Argument = ClipGet()
    Switch $Argument ;We are using a switch here because the variable we compare to will always be the same
        Case "Argument1" ;If the selected text was argument 1
            MsgBox(0,"",'Selected text was "Argument1"')
        Case "Argument2" ;If the selected text was argument 2
            MsgBox(0,"",'Selected text was "Argument2"')
        Case "Exit"
            MsgBox(0,"","The program will now exit")
            Exit
        Case Else ;If the selected text was not covered by any of the previous case expressions
            MsgBox(0,"",'Selected text was "' & $Argument & '"')
    EndSwitch
    ClipPut($PreviousClipboard);Ensures that the user doesnt lose any data on their clipboard
    Return
EndFunc

I haven't tested this but there isn't a doubt in my mind as to whether it will work or not.