MySQL: Problem executing SQL script and dump results to TXT file

b0br0ff

Hi, I am trying to perform very easy stuff with AutoIT, i.e. to execute simple SQL query on the MySQL server and save results to the text file. Code sample:

Local $sCmd = @ComSpec & " /c """ & $MySqlPath &"bin""mysql.exe"

$sCmd = $sCmd & " --host=" & $host

$sCmd = $sCmd & " --user=" & $user

$sCmd = $sCmd & " --password=" & $passwd

$sCmd = $sCmd & " --port=" & $port

$sCmd = $sCmd & " < C:tempsql1.txt"

$sCmd = $sCmd & " > C:temp2.txt"

ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sCmd = ' & $sCmd & @crlf & '>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf) ;### Debug Console

;MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber,'Selection:' & @lf & '$sCmd' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $sCmd) ;### Debug MSGBOX

Local $val = RunWait($sCmd, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $val = ' & $val & @crlf & '>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf) ;### Debug Console

Problem is that output file is always created empty, however when I execute same command in CMD everything is ok.

C:Usersuser>"C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.5bin"mysql.exe --host=localhost --user=root --password= --port=3306 < C:tempsql1.txt > C:temp2.txt

Thank You in advance!

Edited by b0br0ff

RunWait will not give you the text output on the console by the command you run with it. It will only give you the return code, if there is one.

Take a look at It was very helpful for me.

b0br0ff,

When run from the command line you are piping the output to a file. When run from the script you are doing nothing with the output, as WillChan alluded to. See STDOUTREAD in the help file, if you want to stay with your current method.

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill