Will you beta test my current script, please?

Here you go

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that you've taken the time to help me bug test. :) The latest version should correct the incorrect console background color. And I'll be looking into the Tools error now.

Edited by LaCastiglione

Nice little program, but I have noticed a few english errors (Such as a button spelt hilite rather than highlight in the general tab). Also, I have found that it doesnt actually work for me :)

Before you get worried, the reason is that the scite I tested it on was running off my thumbdrive - there is no autoit installation on the computer I am currently using. Therefore, I think that it might be a good idea to have an option for the user to change the directory that it checks for the scite settings in if they are not found by the program, and also have an optional override if they want to use it on a computer (such as my own one, not the one I am using now) where there is a local installation and one on another drive.

Well, thats about it for my criticism for now. Other than that, it is quite well laid out - not horribly cluttered or anything like that. If this were to become a finished project, I would definately use it.

Hope this has helped, and given you a good idea for the program.

Mike, there is an executable on the SciTE download page with this description, "A single file executable called Sc1 (640K) does not need any DLL or properties files as these are linked into the executable. You may still create properties files if you wish. Sc1.exe has been compressed with the UPX compressor so that it is a fast download. It does not need to be decompressed to be used." Is that the one that you're using?

If we're talking anal here ...

In relation to the "User Include Folders" setting, adding some additional support for handling the possible multiple paths here might be a idea.

I think I have what you wanted. Just click 'Select'. Select one directory. Rinse and repeat until you've selected all of your directories.

Yep, that will do it. :)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Mike, there is an executable on the SciTE download page with this description, "A single file executable called Sc1 (640K) does not need any DLL or properties files as these are linked into the executable. You may still create properties files if you wish. Sc1.exe has been compressed with the UPX compressor so that it is a fast download. It does not need to be decompressed to be used." Is that the one that you're using?

I dont know, I got it off my brother and he doesnt remember :)

But if you like, I can rar it for you and send it off to you if you like. It is the full AutoIT installation though so I will just send you Scite and you should have the rest.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Sorry, I havent checked back here in a while. I'll just send Scite and a little readme saying how to set it all up then.

Scratch that, I'll just send the entire installation with maximum file compression in a rar file. I hope you have winrar.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Loads of settings, wow!! ;) One thing , I am not a fan of guis with scrollbars on them. I minimized the window & when I restored it, the scrollbar was off :D (probably not your problem) :) I would put some of the settings -- font, fold margin, caret -- on a page called "Appearence" or something like that. Also, it is really slow when changing tabs. Love the customizability it would (does?) give. :)

I have brought out the Explorer, Directory, and General Settings into another tab. I also added the Debug Trace settings too. So it's a lot less cluttered. Scroll bars are kinda needed because I want to keep the height of the window at 600. This keeps it from being too large for those who have notebooks. I noticed the minimize and refreshing problem and was thinking on it when I saw your post. =D Thanks for your reply.

When you say slow changing tabs, how slow?

Edited by LaCastiglione

Takes ~1.5s to change between General/Theme/Tidy settings tabs. I figure it's probably because of all the controls on each tab & so splitting out some controls onto different tabs would make a difference.

Edit: It's also the same way for the default SciTe customizer - switching to/from the Theme tab takes a bit.

Edited by ChrisN

Will one of you guys who still has a previous download please send me a copy? Somehow I deleted one of my main au3 files. I used Recuva to get it back but it's corrupted.

OK, latest update sees some fairly dramatic GUI restructuring. Also, this should play nice with portable versions of AutoIt and Scite4AutoIt3. Please bug report if it does not play nice. Don't put this in the top level directory of your thumb drive though. See original post for download.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update brings new options to configure!

Still haven't begun work on making any of the settings writable at this point. That's the next stage though.

Available at the

Just in case (seems somewhat similar to other reported case).

GUI Minimize and Restore issue. (Running:(3.3.7.23), Win-XP)

If you scroll down, than, after a Minimize+Restore, the whole section is displayed in the wrong position. (Tabs placed at top of visible window again, instead of the top of the scrollable area. (easy to work around / beta.)

Screeny (temp)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...